[FIXED] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by CaesarxAntony

Original Post

Re: Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue as the original poster but with the teen in my household.  So issue isn't just for teens

Message 71 of 294 (1,364 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★ Novice

It's the same for me. I think with the new update it bugged everything. None of my sims age up, they just teleport away from the cake. And it's really sad because the sims think we forgot about their birthday 

Message 72 of 294 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had this issue when I made a birthday celebration for my teen. After a bit of testing I realized that there must be enough empty space behind the birthday sim when blowing out the candles or the sim always reset when he should age up, at last this was the issue for me. (Lucky I could solve it by simply move the birthday cake to a other corner of the table where was a empty space behind the sim and no wall) 

Message 73 of 294 (1,306 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

★ Apprentice

I did try the sound thing and it has worked so far. 

Unfortunately though I seen to be having aging human Sims. I had my teen blow out candles. He disappeared and then reappeared outside, still a teen. I don't know if it's because my teen Sim and my young adult Sim share the same birthday. 

Message 74 of 294 (1,466 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your reply.

It works!

I made some space, sim walked to there and aged up!

Have a good day! Standard smile

Message 75 of 294 (1,288 Views)

Message 76 of 294 (1,280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Origin
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) *
What is your current game version number? most up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to age child up. Have cake. Add candles. Blow out candles.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim blows out candles. Sim teleports away from the cake. Birthday cake moodlet appears, but nothing else happens. Other sims celebrate. Try again. The same thing happens.
What do you expect to see? One would expect the Sim to age up as normal and for the trait popup to appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, started after the November patch update

*It worked on one adult to elder sim, but otherwise it doesn't work. I normally play multiple households, and as I write a story based blog, without ageing I currently cannot write as all ages are not moving on.

This is a new glitch and happens with and without mods. the save file hopefully attached is run without mods.

Message 77 of 294 (1,264 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

Hero (Retired)
@Antta I've merged your post into the thread for birthday cake issues. Please click the "Me Too" button on the first post on the first page of this thread.

You'll want to move the cake to a counter or table that has lots of room around it for the sim to blow out candles.
Message 78 of 294 (1,225 Views)

Re: Pregnant Sim's birthday extended

★ Novice

My sims cannot age during birthdays, they will start blowing out the candles then as soon as they're done the sim resets and won't age up.

Message 79 of 294 (1,206 Views)

Re: Pregnant Sim's birthday extended

Hero (Retired)

@martatata36 I've merged your post into the thread for birthday cake issues. Please click the "Me Too" button on the first post on the first page of this thread.

You'll want to move the cake to a counter or table, or even outside on a table that has lots of room around it for the sim to blow out candles.

Message 80 of 294 (1,192 Views)