[FIXED] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by CaesarxAntony

Original Post

Re: Issues with new platforms in Sims4

★★★★ Expert
@emimadi17 I don't think the failure to age is an issue with the platforms themselves. I had twin sims both attempt to age up from teen to YA and neither could. There weren't even any platforms on the lot at all.
Message 51 of 294 (2,145 Views)

Hero
@emimadi17 The aging up issue has nothing to do with platforms so I moved your post over to the thread of that issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 294 (2,155 Views)

★ Pro

Any LastExceptions?

Message 53 of 294 (2,126 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★★ Novice

Had exactly the same problem - sim blows out candles, others celebrate, sim teleports away from cake but doesn't age up - they do get a happy moodlet. Then the next day they age up and get the everyone forgot my birthday moodlet. Babies age normally to toddlers and toddler aged normally to child but all other age groups have issues.

Message 54 of 294 (2,113 Views)

Re: Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for this tip, I tried it and it does work from the kitchem counter! 😊

Message 55 of 294 (2,114 Views)

Re: My sims won’t age up

Hero (Retired)
@SunshineGurl26 I've merged your post into the bug thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Some people have had luck moving the cake to the counter. I was able to use the short side of the table to age up a sim with a cake. It's a bug either way.
Message 56 of 294 (2,111 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★★★ Novice

I play on the Xbox one and, I had a kid who was aging up on her birthday. I set her to blow candles and never aged up, ended up waiting for the day to end so she can age up at 6:00 in the morning.

Message 57 of 294 (2,097 Views)

Re: sim doesn't age up

★ Novice
@Gerdientje999 I'm having this same issue.
and I'm doing the 100 baby challenge so it's a bit rough, it seems to only be my teens, as I've been able to age up toddlers. Have not tried with kids yet.
Message 58 of 294 (2,098 Views)

Re: Sims will not age up by blowing out candles

★ Apprentice

I'm having the age up issue as well after the November update, but not the cake being stuck in the fridge problem. The sim will blow out the candle, but they will not age up. I just recently cleared my cache and have no mods or cc installed. 

Message 59 of 294 (2,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kusurusu No, none are created

I did some self testing and for me it didn't work inside the house on a counter but when I went outside and placed on a table there, they aged up fine.

I wonder if it's a space issue.

Could you guys all try if it works if you place the cake on a suface with lots of space around ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 294 (2,082 Views)