[FIXED] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by CaesarxAntony

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★ Novice

Doesn't make any difference to my game. Still no sims in my household aging up, no sims in unplayed households are aging and no pets will age up even when given the treat from the vets. They better fix it soon. This is getting really annoying. I have to make my elderly sims over exhaust themselves on the treadmill so they would die, because it wouldn't happen naturally. 

Message 281 of 294 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Chillybunn thanks!!!!! :D
Message 282 of 294 (836 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@theradittsu Im having the same problem. Adult won't age up to elder.
Message 283 of 294 (819 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Add me to the list. I tried to age a child and had the same problem everyone else seems to be having: moved a few feet away but didn't age. I tried again, and this time I accidentally blew out the candles with a young adult instead, but the same thing happened to them.

Message 284 of 294 (752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue using two child sim twins. Any age uo interaction with the cake, then they teleport and don't age up!

I've tried multiple cakes too.

Anyone found a fix yet?

Message 285 of 294 (752 Views)

Message 286 of 294 (734 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem too when the cake was set on a table, but when I moved the cake to the counter, it would let the sims age up.

Message 287 of 294 (726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had that same issue and I went into origin and open the sims and clicked on settings and clicked on repair. My sims age up now. 

Message 288 of 294 (704 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK, going to another lot did not work for me — I no longer had the option to put candles on my cake. But then I remembered in Sims 2 or Sims 3 there was briefly a problem with cake aging when there wasn't enough room around the sim, and I do live in a micro house without much room, so I tried moving the cake to a table outside with plenty of room around it. Sure enough, it worked this time.

Message 289 of 294 (693 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Nimphorya That worked, thank you!
Message 290 of 294 (684 Views)