Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by bookmaster325

Original Post

Re: Sims and Pets Will not Age up

★ Apprentice

Any updates on this? My child sim won't age up to a teen. He blows out the candles but doesn't age up. I've been trying for hours. 

Message 251 of 294 (540 Views)

Re: Sims and Pets Will not Age up

★★ Apprentice

I cheated around it. Do cas.fulleditmode and then shift click the buggy sim, select "modify IN CAS" and then age the sim up in cas. 

Message 252 of 294 (536 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Someone on The Sims Reddit posted a workaround.

"WaytoomanyUIDs said:
1 hour ago
The Platform Update broke aging up Sims in a room with normal height walls, due to it thinking there isn't enough space for the spin to happen. Either cake them outside, on another lot or install the mod by LittleMsSam that fixes it."

I've also heard that "taste the frosting" may still work. I've not tested that yet, though. HTH! Standard smile
Message 253 of 294 (530 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just had this happen in my game as well. Had two kids age into teens only a few days prior, no problems. Tried to have the adult become an elder, no dice. I tried twice with two different age up options and it didn't work.

Message 254 of 294 (519 Views)

Re: sims dont age up

★ Novice

tried it just now,, but it didnt work my sim still teleported away from the cake

Message 255 of 294 (506 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tried aging up outside after not succeeding a trillion times inside- it worked! 

Message 256 of 294 (466 Views)

★ Novice
@candiecoatediv Yes I have
Message 257 of 294 (454 Views)

★ Novice
@sheeraz213 That’s what’s happening to me as well!
Message 258 of 294 (453 Views)

Young Adult won't age up to Adult

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, Get famous (Recently installed), Cats and Dogs, Parenthood (Recently installed), Realm of magic, Romantic garden stuff, Tiny living (Recently installed)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -Place a cake in the middle of a table -Place birthday candles on top -Attempt to age up a young adult (I tried both blowing out the candles and tasting the frosting)
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to age up a young adult a few days before their birthday, she blows out the candles, then teleports without aging up.
What do you expect to see? The character stays in place and ages into an adult.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Thanks for the help.

If it helps, I had a toddler age into a child a few minutes before, I used a different cake to try and age up her mom.

Message 259 of 294 (401 Views)

★★ Novice
@CaesarxAntony Yes I have the same problem, Tried repair and that didn't work, must be a bug, I downloaded FITNESS stuff pack and it was after this it started??
Message 260 of 294 (399 Views)