Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by lizzyti7

Original Post

★ Novice

I am having the same problem. Every time someone blows out the candles the lag out to the edge of the lot then act like nothing happened. One of my sims was even at her natural birthday and the same thing happened. 

Message 141 of 294 (672 Views)

Re: Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★ Newbie

My sim is adult and he is supposed to age up into a elder but same thing as poster happened to me

Message 142 of 294 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I tried to age up two teenage sims. One of them is female the other male. Both agelines have the silver border, so I hoped they would age up without the cake in the night as they usually do, but nothing happens. The next day clamp and went and both were still teens. I have a kid, which were supposed to age up naturally the next day, but there too only the bug appeared. So this bug appears with teens and kids the same way.

Message 143 of 294 (612 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CaesarxAntony Did you by chance find out how to fix this yet? I'm having same problems where I age up a child sim and they don't age up after blowing out candles and I dont know how to fix this
Message 144 of 294 (603 Views)

★★ Guide

I had the same problem, a child would not age up to a teen. Tried blowing the candles on the cake that was on the counter several times, always teleported a bit aside after and got the happy birthday moodlet, but no aging up. After reading this thread, I emptied the living room floor, placed a single counter in the middle, the cake on top of it, and tried again, and it worked like a charm.

So it seems it's definitely related to how much space there's around the cake. For some reason the game lets them place the candles and blow the candles without issue, but then glitches if there's not enough space to its liking. 

Toddler-to-child aging worked fine earlier, but I'm guessing it's because the animation is different in that, the aging toddler does the twirl in their parents arms, not on their own, standing on the floor.

Message 145 of 294 (597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is a new update that is supposed to help with “stability” and crashes, but I updated and this glitch is still occurring.

Message 146 of 294 (588 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem my teen won't age up into a young adult. It's pretty sad they just teleport away and everyone celebrates. Hope it gets fixed.

Message 147 of 294 (588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same exact thing is happening to me. I don’t have mods, no CC, all vanilla. 

Young Adult to Adult.

She just blows out her candles, teleports, and nothing happens. 

Message 148 of 294 (579 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did you try moving the cake to the counter? I moved it from table to counter and got them to age up that way. My sims usually have the self-assured trait. 

Message 149 of 294 (571 Views)

★ Novice

I moved the cake to the counter to no avail. However, it worked when i moved it to a chairless slot on a large round table outside. Not sure why it worked but it did

Message 150 of 294 (561 Views)