Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by BlooShoolaces

Original Post

Re: Error with cake

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been having this issue too, with my toddlers in this case (i let adult sims grow up without a cake after their birthday and they age up normally)

Message 121 of 294 (563 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've been messing around with it for awhile, and FOR THE MOST PART, a countertop hanging out outside of my house in the backyard with tons of space around it has worked. Occasionally, it doesn't, but it seems like space around the surface you put the cake on is the issue. Some sims don't need more space, though. I don't know what it is about them, but you know what, as long as I can make them age up, I'm fine.

If all else fails, I have a designated lot I go to to age up with cake.

(My novice is showing here, but is there anything I need to do as OP of this thread right now? Sorry if that's a dumb question.)

Message 122 of 294 (556 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem for me: tried "Make A Wish" with my teen, my child, and a visiting teen. None of them took. When my teen finally auto-aged up at the end of the day, he got the "Forgotten Birthday" moodlet, and he did not receive an additional trait (for aging from a teen to a young adult). D; Hopefully it's a bug with the latest patch and they can get it fixed.

Message 123 of 294 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried aging up my child since yesterday with "blow out the candles" but the child teleports away from the cake and doesn't age up. Same as everyone else. I have no CC/mods, so those are not the problem. I hope this gets fixed soon, it's getting annoying not being able to play some of my saves because of this.

Message 124 of 294 (529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. This started after the 11/10 update and is still continuing after yesterdays update. None of my sims are aging up. I have tried it with multiple sims, all varying in traits and ages. I have tried repairing and nothing is working. 

Message 125 of 294 (494 Views)

Unable to age sims

★★★ Newbie

Since the latest update I suddenly can't age up teens into young adults.  They blow out the candles and just glitch and get transported somewhere else on the lot.  

I don't have any mods and I have cleared the cache.  It seems to only happen with teens.  

Message 126 of 294 (461 Views)

★ Guide

The same in my game, any interaction to age on the cake, Sims redefine and do not age. An absurd, it never happened before, only now with the new Patch.

Message 127 of 294 (461 Views)

Re: Unable to age sims

Hero
@89lollie89 Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 128 of 294 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this issue, but it seems to be a space issue. All my sims (children, teens and young adults) will blow out the candles or make a wish and then teleport a little space away from the cake and not age up. This happens when my cake is on a surface that is close to other surfaces, almost as if there isn't enough space for the sim to do their little jump and spin. I have to find somewhere where there is a wide open space and then the sims will age up with no problem. This is happening now in 3 different houses, regardless if they're tiny living or huge open mansions. This was never an issue previously.

Message 129 of 294 (424 Views)

My sim will not age

★ Novice

I have one particular sim that has not aged at all. Their bar is green, I have let their parents and themselves light the candles but they themselves have not aged. Everyday has been their birthday on the calendar. I have repaired the game, updated it, and reinstalled it and nothing is working. I do have auto age on fit all the sims and I do not have any mods. Pls help

Message 130 of 294 (393 Views)