by StewieGeeKing

Original Post

Error with cake

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC/Windows/Origin
Which language are you playing the game in? Spanish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The error occurs when making an interaction to advance from age to sim
What happens when the bug occurs? When it comes to placing birthday candles and doing some related interaction such as: Make a Wish, Celebrate, etc. my sim doesn't age
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, specifically in version 1.68.154.1020

Message 111 of 294 (599 Views)

Sims are not aging

★★ Novice

Hi, so my sims are not aging. My toddler aged a few days ago before I downloaded snowy escape. But now my child and teen are not aging after downloading snowy escape. I threw birthday parties and they made wishes and also blew out candles and nothing happened. It's like they reset after they complete the cake action. Does this have something to do with the new pack? 

Message 112 of 294 (588 Views)

Re: Sims are not aging

Hero
@addictivedreamxx Merged your post with the bug report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 113 of 294 (584 Views)

Re: Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★ Novice

No I have Xbox and I tried aging up a child and an adult females, both did the exact same thing, blew out the candles, teleported back, had the moodlet, everyone celebrated and then nothing. Keeps doing it over and over, no matter how many times I age them up they never age up!

Message 114 of 294 (577 Views)

★ Novice
@RayneElizabeth Then it seems to be a bug in the current version, hopefully in the next update they will solve this problem
Message 115 of 294 (569 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’ve tried 5 times and none of the children will age up to teens. I’ve tried placing the cakes in different areas but it still only teleports my sims outside the house instead of aging up.

Message 116 of 294 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

My adult sim is having this problem too he wont age up to an elder... 

made a cake and they all celebrated ... the cake icon pops up then vanishes and my sim teleports to the other side of the room with no age difference.

ive just read this thread and it seems i too age up when i take my cake to another lot just wont age up at home. 

Message 117 of 294 (531 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★ Guide
@CaesarxAntony I tried Make A Wish about three times on a child trying to age up to teen. She got yeeted outside every time. The family celebrated, the candles disappeared, but she didn't age up.

Then I tried Blow Out Candles. That worked. Did not exit the session or remove mods when this happened.
Message 118 of 294 (490 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Happens with children too

Message 119 of 294 (458 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★★ Novice
I am also experiencing this issue. It happens with all ages of sims. If I leave my home lot and go to a public lot, they can age up with a. Cake. If I stay home and try to age you with a cake, they teleport away instead of aging up.
Message 120 of 294 (436 Views)