Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by superkyle221

Original Post

★ Apprentice

The only way of growing up my Sim that had the same problem was:

- Made her leave the house (she went living with her sister)

- Asked her to visit in my lot.

- And when she arrived, I selected "Age up a Sim" - one of the options to age up Sims that are not from your lot.

- I succeeded.

Then I asked her to join the family again. I hope they fix it soon. Because I'm making a 100 Baby Challenge. 

I hope this helps someone. 

Message 81 of 294 (1,166 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem but I play on Xbox One and my sim is a child

Message 82 of 294 (1,134 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me today. It wasn't one of my sims, it was a townie who was friends with my sim, but it took like four or five tries for the birthday to happen.

Message 83 of 294 (1,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I noticed the issue after installing Snowy Escape (may be from the latest patch but I am not sure). I have no cc or mod. It wasn't my sim's birthday but I want her to age up anyway from young adult to adult. I tried to make a wish and blow candles on the birthday cake, both did not work while the sim was at home.

However I found a workaround for this, but you need Dine Out for this method. I let the sim travel to a restaurant with her family, request a table, bring a cake out on the table, put the candles on and boom. She aged up! Not the most efficient way, but at least it works for me. I haven't tried this with other ages yet, only young adults. 

Message 84 of 294 (1,115 Views)

Re: sim doesn't age up

★★★ Novice

Exact same issue. The sims I tried to get to blow out candles just gets auto-reset to another area nearby and gets birthday party moodlet but doesn't move onto the next life stage. Tried the same thing multiple times across different households. The only way the sims can age up is when the game ages up the sim itself...

Message 85 of 294 (1,084 Views)

Re: sim doesn't age up

★★★★ Novice

My sims are aging up again. I created more room around the counter or table. They succesfully aged up every time. 

Message 86 of 294 (1,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have just the base game, which just got updated before I started playing, through origin, and I just had a problem with 2 of my teens (twins) not aging up either. They are due to age up, neither of them has the self-assured trade, and I tried making a wish and blowing out candles several times. Only one of those times did one of them get moved elsewhere. However, the last time I played, about 2 weeks ago I think, I already had an elder not dying when it was her time to go. She has had a full age bar for days now, and is still continuing to hang around. So seems to me it's not just tied to the birthday cake, since you don't use a cake to die...

Addition: I have now managed to age up the twins, by putting a cake on a different table, where there is more room. I noticed them walking away from the table a bit to age up, which I don't remember aging sims do before. Still doesn't solve the elder not dying though... 

Message 87 of 294 (1,037 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same issue. I tried blowing out candles, making a wish, and tasting frosting and all that happens is my sims just move. No aging up. No mods or cc installed. I do not have snowy escape. 

Message 88 of 294 (1,016 Views)

Re: Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★ Newbie
@Ainez28 I'm having the same issue. I even waited for the auto age-up, but that didn't work either.
Message 89 of 294 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FantasyFanME This worked for me too! I had tried it on several dining tables, but when I set the cake on the counter and blew out the candles my Sims finally aged!
Message 90 of 294 (1,009 Views)