Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by Dorabella123

Original Post

Re: Issues with new platforms in Sims4

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this issue.

My teen won't age up, he will teleport away, get a moodlet, but won't age up. I had to bake another cake, put candles on and he aged up successfully, but after putting the candles on the cake again it was causing the bug to appear again. I don't remember if I put it away into the fridge or not though. 

Got a Last Excpetion, but no sure if it's related:

Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (RuntimeError: ASM :: Stand_Posture (HANDLE :: 92030)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -> exit) where no valid path exists! Actors {} source_interaction = running sim-stand:56131 on None running interaction = running Book_Homework_Teen:56026 on Book_Homework_Teen:0x03150c2bc6ba04b3 (guaranteed))

I'm playing 100 baby challenge. It's a massive no no for me. Anyone who knows about a mod-fix?

Message 61 of 294 (1,176 Views)

★ Novice

It's not a space issue for me. Tried on a big table with lots of space my teen blew out the candles and then transported to another room with no age up. Tried it on countertops and outside. Still no age and she teleports somewhere else. 

Message 62 of 294 (1,174 Views)

Hero
@affdykstra Could you upload your house to the gallery and put the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 294 (1,162 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also have this bug

Message 64 of 294 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Having this issue as well - both with mods and non mods installed. Eventually, had to put in my MCCC and just age them through that. 

Message 65 of 294 (1,128 Views)

★ Pro

Age up interaction features this section:

<U n="min_height_clearance">
<V n="height_clearance" t="specify_override">
<U n="specify_override">
<T n="required_height_clearance">2.25</T>
</U>
</V>
</U>

Message 66 of 294 (1,113 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu Did that changed compare to before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 294 (1,100 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would like to add my information to this bug.

I was aging up a child to teen. The cake was one that my adult sim in the house had cooked. Candles were already on the cake when I placed it on one of the square tables. The table has 1 chair on each side. My child sim proceeded to blow out the candles and just did a small teleport away but nothing happened. She got the party moodlet and sims celebrated. I moved the cake to one of the kitchen counters, added candles again and she was able to age up from there.

Message 68 of 294 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictYes. It wasn't there in the June tuning files.

However, there are other things that have changed in that file. It's not that tuning file. I created a mod that restored the original file and it didn't fix the problem.

It's something to do with the location. I did it 8 times.

In certain locations, when the cake was placed on "The Harbinger Island", it would work, when the island counter was placed in other locations, it wouldn't.

In one instance, when the counter didn't have a barstool, it would not work. But if I immediately placed a bar stool under it, it would.

It's too weird.

Message 69 of 294 (1,081 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I reported earlier in this thread about a teen who couldn't age up to a young adult, well later in my playing I had a toddler who needed to age up to a child.  She reset into the back yard but aged up anyway after being helped to blow out the candles.  This is in the same save file, same playing session, but a different house.  

So, it seems random to me whether they successfully age or not.  

Message 70 of 294 (1,073 Views)