Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by shelbyrren

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Same problem. Tried it with twin teens aging up to Young Adult. Neither would do it. They blew out the candles and teleported to another location without aging up.

Had to end up using MCCC's set age cheat to age them up. At least they got the aging buff, though they didn't age.

NPC sims in unplayed households age up fine. Seems to be only live sims.

Message 41 of 294 (3,422 Views)

Re: Can't age up child with birthday cake after patch

★★ Novice

I have been having the same issues. I have tried aging up toddlers, children, teenagers, and young adults with random traits in both old save files and new ones created after the update. I used cakes made new and ones that where in the household inventory that had worked previously. I tried it in different lots, in birthday parties, and with different sims adding the birthday candles. Toddlers don't age up immediately. They will do toddler stuff for many hours after blowing out the candles before aging up. Children, teens, and young adults will blow out their candles, reset, and teleport nearby and never age up. They will get the birthday buff and other sims will celebrate if there are other sims around.

I have also noticed a problem will babies aging up. I will get an "almost sims birthday" notification but no actual birthday notification. Instead they will just age up on their own on what I assume is their birthday. This was working fine before the update so I think this is part of the problem. I am doing more testing with babies.

Message 42 of 294 (3,506 Views)

@gabbie0909  I've merged your post with the master bug thread on this issue.  Please click Me Too on the first post, and you can keep an eye on this thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 43 of 294 (3,487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. My teen a male doesnt age up with the cake. I tried several times and aso created a new hoeshold in another save file and the teen didnt age up again.

Please fix this EA!

Message 44 of 294 (3,417 Views)

Re: Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★★ Novice
@alanmichael1 I did 3 times, no dice. Problem seemed to be that it was being done at the table. Moved the cake to a kitchen counter and finally go my sim (teen) to age up
Message 45 of 294 (3,407 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

ADULT sim now refused to age up with birthday cake.

Message 46 of 294 (3,403 Views)

★★ Novice
@CaesarxAntony Same problem here. Teen boys won't age up by cake interactions--they just teleport. Temporary solution: go to a different lot and it'll work. Hopefully EA fixes this bug!
Message 47 of 294 (3,377 Views)

My sims won’t age up

★★★ Newbie

I have only had my game crash once on my ps4. My problem is my sims won’t age up.

Message 48 of 294 (3,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to age Teen up. Have cake. Add candles. Blow out candles.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim blows out candles. Sim teleports away from cake. Birthday cake moodlet appears, but nothing else happens. Other sims celebrate. Try again. Same thing happens.
What do you expect to see? One would expect the Sim to age up as normal and for the trait popup to appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10, 2020 game update

I had the same issue. Two of my teen sims who live in the same game but on different lots both had a birthday party and had this glitch when they blew out the candles. I moved them both to separate lots and tried again but the same glitch happened. I tried to let them age up automatically but neither of them has after several days. Another toddler sim on a different lot has aged up automatically though.

How would I use this cheat?

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 49 of 294 (3,367 Views)

Re: Issues with new platforms in Sims4

★ Novice

The only issue I have been having so far with the platforms is not being able to age up sims. Having them blow out candles on a cake that is placed on a platform leads the sim to glitch over to the closet non-platform space and not age up. I thought it was my mods, but simply just needed to have them blow out the candles on another floor. 

Message 50 of 294 (3,323 Views)