Re: Sims and Pets Will not Age up

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims and Pets Will not Age up

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game and try to age up a sim using a cake/animals won't automatically age up either
What happens when the bug occurs? sims blow out candles but glitch to another room in the house without aging up / animals just won't age up at all
What do you expect to see? a fix as soon as possible since sims and animals literally cannot age up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this started occurring after the november 10 2020 patch

sims will not age up with cakes/ animals will not age up at all

Message 31 of 294 (12,209 Views)

Can't age up child with birthday cake after patch

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs & stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a family with the child sim, create any cake, add birthday candles, direct child to blow out candles
What happens when the bug occurs? After the latest patch I can't age up child sim with birthday cake. After blowing candles child sim is resetted and not aging up. It happens both in old saves and new ones created after patch for testing purposes. For all other life stages cake is working fine.
What do you expect to see? Children should age up after blowing candles
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've also tried other options besides "blow out candles" with cake like "make a wish" for children all of them resulted in resetting and not aging.

Message 32 of 294 (12,209 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★ Guide

I had this issue today in my game aging a teen to young adult.  She blew out the birthday cake candles and reset into the next room.  She didn’t age up.  I am playing on a Mac.

Message 33 of 294 (12,223 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims and Pets Will not Age up

Hero
@KilluhBeee Merged this with the cake thread

For pets please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Kitten-won-t-age-up-even-with-treat-on-home-lot...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 294 (12,220 Views)

★ Apprentice

In my game only children are resetted each time I try to age them up with birthday cake. Happens 100% times with both old saves and new one created after the patch.

Message 35 of 294 (12,218 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had this same problem.  I was able to move the teen sim and child sim out of the house and they aged up just fine.

Message 36 of 294 (12,191 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with a teen (slob, music lover) male sim, I have tried taking out my mods and cc, repairing my game, and moving lots, but nothing has worked

Message 37 of 294 (12,167 Views)

Sims won’t age up 2020

★★★ Newbie

So my game just updated yesterday and when I was playing the sims 4 , I tried ageing up my sims with a cake and they would blow them out but not age up and spawn outside. 

Message 38 of 294 (12,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too! I was able to age up a newborn and toddlers.

But I just cant age up childs or teenagers Frown

Message 39 of 294 (12,140 Views)

★★ Novice

I play on Xbox and I’m having the same issue with child sims. I was able to age up a toddler and a young adult, it wasn’t either of their birthdays. However I’ve tried multiple times and been unable to age up a child. 

Message 40 of 294 (12,114 Views)