Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

by KnightGoblin8

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had the same problem with a sim. She wouldn't age up after blowing out the cake candles (chocolate). Then I tried the cas full edit mode cheat and moved her to the next age in cas. After clicking play she was now at the end of the next age, not the beginning as I think she should have been, so I moved her back to her initial age. 

Updating this post with new info. It seems as if this sim won't age up automatically either. More than one sims day has passed and the age bar is still sparkling but she won't age up.

It happened after the latest patch and I have no custom content/mods. Playing on a PC.

Message 21 of 294 (20,898 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs currently released
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims won't age up with blowing out candles on a birthday cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims resets and is still the same age.
What do you expect to see? I expected my sims to age up and they didn't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I haven't added them back in yet.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to the newest version

I was able to age up before the new update but wasn't able to with a birthday cake after the new update. I even repaired my files and still not able to age up. I've also checked and none of my sims have the Self Assured trait, so it isn't that like some people are suggesting. It's also happening with all ages. I'm adding MCCC back in today so I can age them up without needing the birthday cake.

Message 22 of 294 (20,751 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same issue with my child sim and with the strawberry cake. She blew out the candles, teleported and didn't age up. Made a new cake and blew out the candles twice, both times she teleported and didn't age up. Then I made a different cake, a chocolate cake, and this time she aged up!

Message 23 of 294 (20,749 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs currently released
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims won't age up with blowing out candles on a birthday cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims resets and is still the same age.
What do you expect to see? I expected my sims to age up and they didn't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to the newest version

Yeah It didn't really payed attention when it happened the first time, my child blew on the candle but didn't age later she did, and got the forgotten birthday moodlet. But now I was paying attention my teens blew on the candle then  move away from the cake got the birthday moodlet, then later age up and got the forgotten birthday moodlet. Same with my adult. 

Message 24 of 294 (20,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can’t get my sim to age up. They’re a child, artistic prodigy. I’ve tried different cakes, different candles, just blowing the candles versus making a wish, and nothing! Frown(

Message 25 of 294 (20,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, 100 baby challenge player here, had to age up two teens into young adults. I had oldest teen put candles on a chocolate cake (I had one in the fridge) & blow them, and as other people said, the little cake appeared in her action queue, she teleported a bit further away from the cake, and didn't age up. I reseted her, and had her mother put candles on the cake this time. She teleported again, but this time she did age up. I thought that teen couldn't put their candles on their own birthday cakes anymore, so with the youngest sister, I had the mother put the candles on the cake on the first try. Didn't work. She had the pink "age up" cake in her queue for a second, then teleported, but didn't age up. The family celebrated, and had the positive moodlet from the birthday celebration. Of course, I reseted the birthday girl and tried again and again, having different people putting the candles on the cake, putting it on a different counter, and reseting her between each try. I did that for six sim hours. In the end I gave up and used a cheat code to age her up. I still have no idea while it worked with the first one and not the other. They are twins, and it was not their birthday, I just had to age them up and get them out of the house.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to give as much info as possible, if it can help fix it.

Edit : None of them were self assured, so I doubt that's where it's from.

Message 26 of 294 (20,721 Views)

★ Novice

I just wanted to put my input in here since the update!

This is happening to my Sims as well. Clean save - no CC, etc. Nothing. 

It didn't happen to my toddler aging up to a child but it has happened to EVERY young adult aging up. They blow out the candles and then teleport slightly away from the cake and just stand there. They don't age up.

I'm thinking it is definitely the patch. 

Message 27 of 294 (20,719 Views)

Re: sim doesn't age up

★★ Apprentice

I just tested this with a young adult and she was moved a few feet, but no aging. The candles were gone and she just went on with her day like nothing happened.

Message 28 of 294 (20,698 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had this issue with multiple sims until I moved a picnic table away from the counter and out of the room and had multiple sims at different life stages age up successfully with the cake. I have a strong suspicion this bug might be a routing issue.

Message 29 of 294 (20,688 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@CaesarxAntony This happened to me too! Although in my case the Sim aged up after I quit the game and booted it back on so the problem didn't persist after rebooting the game.
Message 30 of 294 (20,661 Views)