Cant age up sim with cake

by Myhkelswife

Original Post

Birthday cake not working

★★★ Novice

I can't get my sims to age up with a birthday cake!? I have closed out of the game made sure it was completely updated and nothing is working. 

Message 11 of 294 (9,638 Views)

Re: Birthday cake not working

★★★★ Pro
Message 12 of 294 (7,852 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this problem trying to age up child sims. I also just installed the update. I tried it with 2 different sims (twins) but had the same glitch both times. I tried it again with new candles and a third time with a new cake but no luck.

Message 13 of 294 (7,850 Views)

Re: Birthday cake not working

Hero (Retired)
@Myhkelswife I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page.

You can also let us know what platform you are playing on by editing your post using the three dots at the top right of your post.
Message 14 of 294 (7,843 Views)
Highlighted

Cant age up sim with cake

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs All game packs but star wars Nifty knitting Tiny living Moschino My first pet Vintage Kids room Spooky stuff Perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims won't age up with blowing out candles on a birthday cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims resets and is still the same age.
What do you expect to see? I expected my sims to age up and they didnt.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. didn't. Newest base game patch before snowy adventure.

I was able to age up before the new update but wasn't able to with a birthday cake after the new update. I even repaired my files and still not able to age up.

Message 15 of 294 (7,835 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had my Sim's family travel to a different lot, and then he was able to age up. I haven't tried again at my home lot since then.

Message 16 of 294 (7,807 Views)

★★★ Novice
I’ll second that!
I updated my game today, launched it and threw a birthday party at home, and my sim wouldn’t age, she would just reset away from the cake.
I quit and relaunched the game and took the party to another lot and she aged without issues.
Thanks for the tip!
Message 17 of 294 (7,719 Views)

Re: Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★ Novice

@itsug wrote:

For those affected by this issue, did your sim have self-assured trait?

I made another attempt where I made a sim and three kids, one with each of the same trait my affected sim had.

Art Lover, Self-Assured and Outgoing.

All three grew up to become teens.

The one who got the Self-Assured trait did not age up after teen though.

Yup having this problem specifically with a Self-Assured sim, who is a teenager, and has had a birthday party and a regular cake after the birthday party. She's at 0 days until age up and isn't aging. 

Message 18 of 294 (7,710 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issues as others. I'm trying to age up a child (he's 9 days out, but since he's accomplished everything I want, he's ready for teen). Tried multiple times re-adding candles, tried exiting and going back in, all have the transport glitch. This happened after the update.

Also had sim due to age up from YA to adult, on last day of aging up, and same glitch.

Message 19 of 294 (7,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Going to a different lot allowed him to age up with the cake normally. Weird, but I'll take it.

Message 20 of 294 (7,568 Views)