Re: Sim cannot license music

by phyllisp160

Original Post

★★★ Novice
I had this problem too, but if you wait long enough, the option eventually comes back up. I was able to complete the license four song tasks, but I think it took me at least a few Sim weeks. Just keep checking the mailbox every day.
Message 11 of 24 (5,263 Views)

★★ Novice

My sim had to write in three sessions and it took a loooong time, yes. It did take a long time for the action to stop but not as long as I had anticipated from what I have read. I think it might help to have another action queued, particularly another sim trying to interact with them. 

However yes, to this day I still have the issue of the game acting as if I haven't actually written anything. I can't finish my music aspiration with this bug and it's killing me - I have a music degree in real life; I would like my sims to be able to have one too!

Message 12 of 24 (5,235 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry to double-post, however I just saw this:

I think the reason the option would come back after a while is similar to the writing skill - you can publish several books but you will only receive royalties on them for a limited time. Perhaps once your "limited time" is over for your first license it opens up the slot for the next. 

But yes, I do believe you should be able to license more than one at a time... Not everyone is MC Hammer, people like to be Michael Jackson sometimes.

Message 13 of 24 (5,233 Views)

★★★ Newbie
On guitar. Sometimes takes days and days. Also sims get stuck writing the song, but cancels once you click 'go here'.
Message 14 of 24 (5,092 Views)

★ Apprentice

In order to licence a song you need level 9 of the instrument skill and a finished song, obviously. You can write songs before that but only at level 9 the option to licence them becomes available.

The option can be used at the mail box. Once you have licensed one song, however, you have to wait one week before you can do it again (per instrument). The option will be greyed out until it becomes available again. During that week of waiting you get money for the current song.

If you have level 9 skill and finished songs on violin, guitar and piano you can licence one song per instrument per week.

Message 15 of 24 (4,989 Views)

Hero

@phyllisp160 Is this still an issue for you at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 24 (4,982 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict, wow, I posted this so long ago I don't even remember having posted it. I guess it's not, because I've had several generations and games since then and have had no problem licensing songs. 

Also, I accidentally clicked on someone's random problem post and did "accept as solution" when I did not mean to. Sorry about that. Still not quite awake.

Message 17 of 24 (38,855 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed the solution.

To unsolve a thread (if it's your own that is), you can click on the options menu on the solution post and choose: Not the solution.

I will mark this as fixed on the list.

Feel free to come back if you run into the issue again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 24 (4,975 Views)

★ Guide

I have a similar kind of problem with liscensing songs. The mailbox keeps saying I can do it once a week, so I checked I liscenced one on a monday and it took at least three-four sim-weeks before I could liscence another one. I dont know if this is intentional or not, but I can also not liscence songs from different instruments at the same time, so if I liscenced a piano song I can not liscence for instance a guitar song before that 3-4 week period is over.

Message 19 of 24 (4,697 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My sim was able to license 2 piano songs...at the same time. Of course, after that she went to write the next 2 and now she can't license any others. So, it might be a good idea to wait and license all four, one after the other for now.

Message 20 of 24 (4,542 Views)