Re: Sim cannot license music

by khynnea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim cannot license music

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My music-loving Sim has a goal of writing and and licensing 4 songs, and earning a certain amount of money from them. When he finished his first song, the wall announcement said to click on the mailbox and choose the license option. However, that option did not exist. The sheet music was no longer in my inventory. However, he does have the option to play the song he wrote. (He is at level 9 with guitar).

Message 1 of 24 (40,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict, wow, I posted this so long ago I don't even remember having posted it. I guess it's not, because I've had several generations and games since then and have had no problem licensing songs. 

Also, I accidentally clicked on someone's random problem post and did "accept as solution" when I did not mean to. Sorry about that. Still not quite awake.

View in thread

Message 17 of 24 (38,793 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm curious how you managed to finish writing music as for many this is bugged Standard smile There is another post here somewhere about writing music sending the sim into a nigh-infinite wait to finish this -- how long did it take your sim to write the music? And on what instrument?

Message 2 of 24 (40,596 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (40,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

If I only have one task in my queue, my Sim will not stop 'write music' when I try to cancel it.  The suggested work around to use your cell phone (or to queue up another action) will help to trigger the 'write music' action to end.  Writing Music takes a long time, probably more than one session as your needs WILL decay before you can finish. However, now that I've managed to write a few songs, I'm noticing the same as OP, she cannot license them with the mailbox and has no sheet music left in her inventory.

Edit: Nevermind, the option to license songs was unlocked after level 9 of my Violin skill.

Message 4 of 24 (40,538 Views)

★★ Novice

Not sure this is a bug. You can write songs at 8 skill but not licence them til 9. Also if you have one (per instrument) licenced, you can't licence another. It might not have been there the first time you checked but check again now that you're at 9 and it should be.

Message 5 of 24 (40,530 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (40,521 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Having a similar issue.  My Sim was able to license one guitar song, but now when I click on the mailbox, the option is grayed out and the hover text says "[Sim] has already licensed a guitar song."  She doesn't have any other instrument skills high enough yet for me to check and see if she can license some other kind of song (i.e. violin or piano)...but in any case, this seems like a bug, since there's a goal to license 4 songs (and there are only 3 instruments).

Message 7 of 24 (40,503 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (40,491 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, so here's the update: when my Sim finally moved out of her starter house, at her new mailbox she could once again license a song.  One.  

Seems like it might somehow be tied to the lot or mailbox?

Message 9 of 24 (40,421 Views)

Hero

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

Wonder if it would be enough to move out and back to the same house

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (40,413 Views)