Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Pot Rack causes routing issues when trying to use the stove

by BryonyRae

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hi crinrict! This is my save files https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iUy_XG3QlTR78cuBmlalnBIifzUteS3P
I create the save files with roof and without roof

Thanks before Standard smile

Message 31 of 111 (1,791 Views)

Hero

Checked this save. Seems to be a general issue related to the roof. 

Talked to user on Twitter.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 111 (1,769 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@rbarkah do you know whether there has been any terrain manipulation used on the lot (i.e. ground made uneven by creating hills or valleys)?  We have an issue logged where using terrain manipulation and roofing can cause sim routing failures (see here).

Message 33 of 111 (1,721 Views)

Sims can't cook

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous Seasons Cats and dogs City living Get together Get to work Strangerville Jungle adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine out Spa day Outdoor retreat My 1st pet Laundry day Toddler stuff Vintage glamour Kids room stuff Spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim try to cook any meal in the oven.
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell my sim to cook, they get the ingredients out of the fridge and then immediately put it on the floor and wave their hand with the footprint bubble saying they can't get to the counter/stove.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to cook.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started after the June 2019 patch.

I tried removing the pot rack, stove hood, and cabinets but the problem still occurred.

I next tried replacing the counters, fridge, and stove but the problem still occurred.

I removed everything from the room and put new counters, stove, and fridge but the problem still occurred. 

Moved the family to a new lot that was completely empty and put just a stove, fridge, and 3 empty counters outside and still had the same issue.

Message 34 of 111 (1,646 Views)

Re: Sims can't cook

Hero
@vetans Merging this with the thread that says fixed anyways

Would you be willing to provide your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 111 (1,634 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Sure. How do I do that?
Message 36 of 111 (1,625 Views)

Hero
@vetans Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M83549

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 111 (1,622 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Ok sent
Message 38 of 111 (1,606 Views)

Hero

I'm having no issues on either of the games. I think there's some cc still active in your game that causes this

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 111 (1,597 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Sims wont finish cooking

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had this problem where my sim would start to cook. but no matter what I did, I couldn't get them to finish. I even had them throw the old out and start again to no avail.
I decided to quit back to the main menu without saving.( I figured if I saved the game before I quit to the main Menu, I would be saving the glitch as well) Sure I lost a little game play but on returning to the Sims household. Problem solved.

If you ever have a Glitch. quit to the main menu without saving your game. re enter the family and problem should be solved. (Don't save the game as that will also save the glitch) 
I had the problem where my Sim wouldn't continue coking and after trying everything else. Decided to quit to the main menu. As I said before. without saving. O.K. you may loose some game play. but better than the glitch. 

[CM - merged multiple posts together]

Message 40 of 111 (1,548 Views)