Re: Sim wont cook food

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sim can't cook

★ Guide
I had this problem, too. Somewhere on the internet I read that microwaves can cause problems with counters, so I removed my microwave, and my problem went away. Good luck!
Message 21 of 111 (3,646 Views)

Sims can't cook/can't use fridge

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW get together cats and dogs city living every game pack besides jungle Adventure backyard stuff bowling night fitness stuff laundry day perfect patio vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim try to cook on an oven. it doesn't matter what oven or where.
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim throws the sign that they cannot walk to that area in the air even if the oven is in the middle of an open room with multiple doors.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to cook meals.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the sims 4 seasons patch in late February

Message 22 of 111 (3,729 Views)

Re: Sims can't cook/can't use fridge

★★★ Newbie

My sims can't cook from the fridge, they can only have snacks and juice. They can cook BBQ and store food in fridge and can eat leftovers, but they can not cook freshly from the fridge. When I try to cook, a food list catalogue pops up but I can't click on anything in the catalogue.  

Message 23 of 111 (3,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No worries everyone, I just fixed my problem. My sims needed a counter to cook on. I solved my problem.
Message 24 of 111 (3,709 Views)

Hero

Could you try a different household to see if it's related to the household or even a fresh save for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 111 (3,697 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried a new household in a new save and it worked perfectly fine. how could I get it to work in my current save?

Message 26 of 111 (3,674 Views)

Hero
It's probably something blocking in your kitchen then. Are you using the pot rack ? If so, try removing that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 111 (3,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. All my sims pull the food out of the fridge and start, but then they stop. I try resuming to prepare food but they shake their head in anger with two feet and a red x above. Help.

Message 28 of 111 (3,602 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @Elektra911

moved your post to the current page.

Could you try all the things posted in the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 111 (3,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Going to mark this as fixed for now.

I made a new thread for the pot rack: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Pot-Rack-causes-routing-issues-when-trying-to-us...

--> Turns out this is by design too

The counter issue has been fixed.

The rest is not a bug.

More info can be found here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2019/01/sims-cant-cook-anymore/

If the solutions don't help, please provide your save games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 111 (22,469 Views)