Re: My sim won't cook!

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Novice

I am having this same issue. My sims will not cook. I only have counters in the kitchen. I have decor on the counters but not a lot. I build the house and my sim cooked a few times and that was it. I had a birthday party and they couldnt cook a cake. My sims can only eat quick meals and grill food. I dont know if this is happening with any other houses in my game. Is my game broke? They start making the food then get stuck not able to go over to the stove. Stand there waving at me letting me somethings in the way.

Message 11 of 111 (3,135 Views)

Hero
Willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 111 (3,120 Views)

★ Novice

I figured out what happen I had a pot rack hanging in front of the stove. I had a social event and that was a gift and I hung it up.. That's why I wasn't able to cook? 

Message 13 of 111 (3,084 Views)

Hero
Thought they fixed that ?

Need to try that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 111 (3,078 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sim can't cook

Hero

I'm going to add this as there are several causes that can prevent Sims from cooking

• Pot Rack over stove
  • Sims trying to use a far away counter they can't access
  • Outdated custom content.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 111 (3,037 Views)

Sim's stop baking halfway through

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have cats and dogs, outdoor retreat, holiday, garden stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to have them bake a cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? They are able to start the cake, but when its in the bowl, the action X's out and I cannot get them to finish before it spoils. They also take the cake to a counter away from the kitchen and even the bathroom.
What do you expect to see? The sims should finish baking the cake in the kitchen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am new to Sims 4. I dont have mods, i dont think. I tried to resetting the game and lost some saved games i created in the past when I had issues. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 1.58.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 1.57.18 AM.png

Message 16 of 111 (2,990 Views)

Re: Sim's stop baking halfway through

Hero

@bloodletting00

Merged your post with existing thread. It's probably the far away counter issue. The Sim tries to use one that inaccessible to him.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 111 (2,975 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello! Have you tried selling the stove and putting a new one in? (Or just click on the stove and press resume cooking) Usually, the problem is that there is already something inside the oven (If your sim has to uses the over to complete the dish he/she is creating)

Have a nice day!

Message 18 of 111 (2,963 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same as the noted problem, only I have absolutely no CC, not a crumb.

Message 19 of 111 (2,944 Views)

Re: Sim can't cook

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've added this.

There are several reasons a Sim can't cook and I've added them all to the first post as a summary (some are bugs, some are not).

Feel free to let me know of more.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 111 (2,921 Views)