[FIXED] Sim ages while in CAS

by OakChicken

Original Post

Re: Sims Age Up After Going Into CAS Sims 4

★★ Novice

I am also having the same issue. Three of my sims became days younger and one aged into an elder. For now I have aging off and will not go into CAS. 

Message 91 of 325 (1,180 Views)

Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

★★★ Novice
I’m with you. I spent the better part of the day yesterday thinking I did something wrong and trying to fix it and finding NOTHING when I googled it.

I cannot play my game and now that I’ve spent so much time trying to figure it out and failing I’m pretty sure my main save is now ruined. I thought I had it taken care of until I opened the game today and went to edit a child’s clothes in CAS.

This is huge and makes me really regret updating my game and preordering GF.
Message 92 of 325 (1,179 Views)

Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

★★★ Guide

Is there a mod that can fix it for the time being? I have that to and now I am afraid to give my sims kids because I send them to CAS to change there clothes.

Message 93 of 325 (1,107 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi there! 

So, I'm not sure It's related but there is definitely something up. So, when I started my game today after updating to the newest patch and sorting out my mods, I noticed that many of my townies aged, and my two parents aged as well. I thought it was odd so I went back to make sure my mods were activated as I changed the lifetime, but it was all good. So I started my game again and paused before they aged. When i clicked on my sim through mccc, I could see that they still had adult days left, and yet on their simology, it was sparkling like when it's time for them to age up. I'm not sure whether this is related to mccc or this particular bug, but it was really annoying as the minute i'd press play, like half of the adult townies aged up, and the ones that were old died. So i'm thinking that maybe all sims that should have aged up within a normal lifetime did after the update ?

Regarding to aging in CAS, it's defo also happening to me, but I've realized something different though as I was testing stuff out. The aging seems to be only impacting my two parents, the young adult and teen are not aging when I'm doing something in CAS, but the parents aged 50 days in like 2 minutes, I wasn't even actually changing clothing. The same bug occurs when going to CUS through MCCC for the active household, but not for other townies. I changed townies' clothing through CUS before even being aware of the issue and nothing happened. 

Hopefully, that can maybe help figuring out the problem and finding a fix really soon ? Because this is a real bother, especially when new clothing game with the update and I really want to check it out... 

I haven't got to testing if this also occurs when going to CAS through manage households, but it'd be good to know if someone tried that out. 

Message 94 of 325 (1,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

me and my friend figured out if you edit them from either World View, or by shift + ctrl c "testingcheats on" and then shift clicking your sim and selecting "edit in CAS" It avoids the age up glitch. Only when you edit them with the dresser or mirror does it cause all sims to age up strangely.

if you use Master Controller to edit them in CAS, that works as well.

Tell me if that helps!!

Message 95 of 325 (1,068 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update: Creating Sim after installing EP6 and not accepting the challenge still gets me 4 day in a CAS test, with and without mods. I have not experienced how you get into CAS as a workaround as some have. Hint: Potion of Youth is available in debug. I prefer being stuck at an age rather than aging up. Give yourself a full aging bar to work with and maybe you can avoid that.

Message 96 of 325 (1,029 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is EA going to fix this?  This is a game breaking bug...and a really bad one...

Message 97 of 325 (988 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This doesn't seem to make a difference for me at all. Any way into CAS is causing it. Even townies mass aged. As long as I stay out of CAS in that save everything is fine though. It's weird.
Message 98 of 325 (988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@tweedlebug123I also tried both the testingcheats method and the edit from manage households option and both resulted in my household aging. It appears that there is no workaround, though we all so desperately want one. We'll have to wait for a hotfix patch from Maxis.

Message 99 of 325 (967 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@raenne2006 I hope they fix it quickly, its not a little annoying bug, its a big ugly bug that hurts...
Message 100 of 325 (951 Views)