Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

by Simkiim

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I’m a ‘he’ if you’re talking about me lol

My twin sims have 3 days remaining to age to child. I put in the mod, the girl twin loses a day and goes to 2. I take out the mod it goes back to normal with twins both at same age 3 days remaining. I don’t see how hard this is to get. It is the mod. Not my game. Mod in = lost day mod out = days fine, as they have and should be.

So the mod fixes the CAS aging that everyone seems to have but it messes with my aging in a different way. So it does not work for me as I want it to and as it should.

—T

Message 261 of 325 (608 Views)

Hero
So maybe it the mod reverted the fix they made for the twin issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 262 of 325 (596 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe.

anyway, has there been any official word from EA? It would be 10am there right? They’ve had more than enough time to fix it now. A modder has done it. They can too. No excuse.

—T

Message 263 of 325 (510 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's always a problem when a gaming company is lead by investors and economs instead of programmers. They might even not know what a bug is. Their only goal is to make a new content as much as possible. Their programmers maybe don't have time to fix bugs because they have little time to do a next content. And they may fear that if they spoke up, they will get fired.

Message 264 of 325 (501 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@to7m and @crinrict : I just asked Deaderpool about that, and he doesn't think that's the issue:

"I don't know what the "Twin's Birthday Fix" is. All the age fix does is make it so Sim's ages are not changed by random amounts."

(I and BadSanta explained the birthday fix after that post, and I also asked if it only applied to Scarlet's fix.)

"They work exactly the same. My fix and Scarlet's."

"All they do is turn-off the random increments that EA would add to Sim ages. They should only be for newly created Sims, but it was affecting all Sims."

"And it 100% would make the Twins have the same birthday now."

Just passing this along.

Message 265 of 325 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Does anyone know if this aging fix mod really works?

Message 266 of 325 (485 Views)

Hero

@wallaosg

It does except that it seems to undo the fix EA made for the twins issue.

MCCC has the fix integrated now. Download the newest version and you won't need Scarlet's mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 267 of 325 (464 Views)

★ Guide
So scarlets mod is fixed for the twin thing?
I’m confused lol

—T
Message 268 of 325 (448 Views)

★ Guide
Also, my child sim cannot attend drama club, it says ‘go to meeting’ in the tab but nothing happens when I click it. I’m wondering is it because she only joined that morning?

Will try again tomorrow (sim time) and see

—T
Message 269 of 325 (444 Views)

Hero
No it's not.

EA fixed that in the patch and probably introduced the other Issue because of that. Scarlet's mod basically reverts that change and hence the fix they made for the twins is broken.

So it's either the CAS bug or the Twins bug until EA/Maxis fully fixes it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 270 of 325 (442 Views)