Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

by Morgy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I'm just popping back in to say the mod works perfectly! My vampire household that was previously hit with aging right out of CAS in a new save didn't this time and the other families I've just tried out are fine too. I'm so grateful that I can actually play with the pack now!

Message 221 of 325 (715 Views)

★ Guide

It works for me too!!!! I knew there would be a modder who fixed this before EA does. 

Message 222 of 325 (662 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Gooseyness wrote:
How is it that someone with zero money, zero incentives and resources created a mod so quickly that seems to at least stop aging from this bug?

... And at the same time EA which has literally billions of dollars and endless resources behind them can't even find this bug before launch, can't even offer a similar fix for people while they put out an official patch?

How are they a real company? i don't understand how you can run a business this way and continue to succeed.

its getting to the point that they are getting far too big to care.

Message 223 of 325 (645 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

Hero

@Simkiim wrote:

Why is this listed as solved, please?

To make the guru answer visible.

I doubt people wanna read the whole thread to see if there's info.

Solution posts are made visible on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 224 of 325 (640 Views)

Re: Sims 4 aging glitch after changing looks

★ Guide
This excuse is getting old. If this is the case then why bother making the game at all, if it isn’t even going to work?

This is ridiculous. Whatever budget and time restraint the gurus are on is irrelevant. They should give 100% or ask for more time. It’s that simple.

If everyone was ‘forced’ to release broken games we’d never have the amazing games that we do.
Message 225 of 325 (565 Views)

★ Guide
Do you have a link?

This bug is worth using a mod for.
Message 226 of 325 (557 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

We can’t post links here. Do a search on Twitter for simvip. They posted the link. 

Message 227 of 325 (711 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah I found it on Crins Twitter Standard smile

Thanks
Message 228 of 325 (703 Views)

★★ Novice

I only ever entered CAS by starting a new game to check out the new items. I cancelled and went into my save game, my YA sims aged by 40 days and I never entered CAS in that save file. Was my aging caused by starting a new game?

Will the patch return them to their previous ages?

Message 229 of 325 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I think all the patch will do is fix the bug i don't think it will restore their ages. Is your save file backed up? Or do you have some backups in the saves folder of the game? Usually the game will automatically generate backups of the save in different versions. I would save the one before your current save just to be on the safe side. 

As far as what caused it I'm not sure. I do know going into CAS causes, amongst other things aparently, I just never though it would cause a completely different save to experience the issue. 

Message 230 of 325 (685 Views)