Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@faithvssam wrote:
plenty of people work on the weekend, it's their fault they broke it and didn't test properly, now they have to fix it.

Its the higher ups fault for not delaying the expansion and its patch until the issues were resolved, rather than pushing it out regardless.

Yeah, plenty of people work weekends. Most of those have other days off during the week to compensate. Would you like it if your bosses pushed something out the door that was broken, and you had to give up your weekend to fix it? 
Just play something else this weekend, or spend some time with your family, pets, friends.. Get chores done, catch up on house work, go for a walk, gosh do something other than play this one game in a world where there is millions of games to be played and real life things to be done and enjoyed.

[Edited by EA_Mai - removing rude comment]

Thanks for the info Crin! Found the mod and will be trying it out asap.

Message 201 of 325 (834 Views)

Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

We have a mod fix.

I'm not allowed to link but check social media or my blog (search for: My Sims age randomly changes)

I find it hilarious that someone has to come up with a mod to fix something that EA broke and doesn't seem to be able to fix in a timely manner. 

Message 202 of 325 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could we please all stop right there ?

No one knows if the devs are working on this right this moment or if they maybe have already fixed it.

Just because they don't release a patch on the weekend, doesn't mean they're not working on it.

They are usually also trying to get other stuff fixed so please, keep this to your experience to the bug and not to throw insults around.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 203 of 325 (804 Views)

Sims age up randomly

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, since I installed Get famous and the last patch, my sims just grow older randomly. I edit someone in CAS and after leaving CAS they grow up. Or I play with one sim, leave the lot, come back and even I was gone only 2 sim days that sims grows up more than 20 days. One of my sims is now older than his mother. I used CC and mods but tried to remove them. I have newest mods made compatible with the last patch. But I removed them anyway. Because I had MCCC and I modified ages to be longer, after removing MCCC EVERYBODY ages up immediately. Even if I set lifespan in setup as long. When I put MCCC back only edited sims age up or sims that left the lot.

This is my legacy family and I would like to perseve this save. This really makes me angry. Finally day off to play the Sims and half of the day I'm just trying to find out why they age up randomly and so fast. One day, they have 50 days left to birthday, next day, they have birthday.

Please help me.

Message 204 of 325 (761 Views)

Re: Sims age up randomly

Hero

Hi @Simkiim

there's currently a bug with aging.

There's some info on the first page of this thread.

I merged your post here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 205 of 325 (753 Views)

Re: Sims age up randomly

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I will be playing with a save made for builds only then. Thank you.

Message 206 of 325 (745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes its game breaking and a horrible bug, but I am pretty sure people can step away from the game for a few days and wait. Its not like it isn't going to get fixed, they're working on it plus other bugs which can take time. Bugs happen, some worse than others. But complaining about how they're slow is really pathetic and isn't going to make them go faster.

[Edited by EA_Mai - please, be nice to each other]

Message 207 of 325 (878 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if this is meant for me, but we had a vacation and I was looking forward to play because I had a really bad days recently and this was the only good thing I could look forward to. Only to notice (after a playing for a while and also saving) that half of my town is old. It was just a last drop. But knowing that it is really a bug and they are working on it makes me less angry. Not towards EA or creators but generally. It was really bad week Frown

Message 208 of 325 (858 Views)

Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

Hero

@purplestarz2006 wrote:

So, yes, this is happening for me as well, but I do have one question. Crinrict, were you ever able to determine what it was about that first test Sim that made them "immune" to the bug? I ask because last night, I was able to enter CAS with my current family (after saving first, of course) after their two toddlers aged up from babies, and plan their outfits with no problem. However, when I tried again this morning after playing a bit longer (and again, saved first) the bug did occur with the same Sims. 

The only thought I have is that maybe, because the twin toddlers had never really entered CAS before as babies and this was the first time CAS had ever loaded them, this prevented the bug? I'd have to wait until I have another baby age up to test again, but I can't imagine a patch for this taking that long. But I was wondering if your test Sim was in a similar situation-like a pre-made who was in a new save?

I'm genuinely curious as to how the exact same Sims were not affected last night but are now.

I didn't really figure it out but now that he is married and has two kids, he's affected as well (actually, he aged down)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 209 of 325 (840 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't think too many people are blaming the devs for taking the weekend off. At least personally, my problem is with them releasing the patch in a state like this, and releasing the DLC on a Friday knowing there could be problems associated with the launch.

Besides, the update came out on Tuesday. It has been for half a week.

Message 210 of 325 (833 Views)