Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

by TheNastiestNas

Original Post

Hero
Unclear about that. Mixed reports. Couldn't duplicate that myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 191 of 325 (1,276 Views)

★ Apprentice
Really hope the update is released today... I can't really play games during the week and it would really suck to lose out on nearly 70 dollars for nothing
Message 192 of 325 (998 Views)

Hero
It's the weekend. I honestly wouldn't hold my breath for a patch today.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 193 of 325 (995 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do we know if/when they will patch?

I really want to buy a couple of new packs but won't until this is fixed, actually the entire game in unplayable for me as I just don't find it fun with aging off.

Message 194 of 325 (888 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@HTQUackers wrote:

Do we know if/when they will patch?

I really want to buy a couple of new packs but won't until this is fixed, actually the entire game in unplayable for me as I just don't find it fun with aging off.

yeah...um...no one knows...EA has been silent now for about 48 hours...I guess their weekend is more important than ours. 

Message 195 of 325 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

How DARE those devs that have families and lives need a weekend just like the rest of us. HOW DARE THEY?!

-.- Do you hear yourself?

Sincerely, a (non-EA) devs wife and their children.

Message 196 of 325 (846 Views)

Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

★★ Apprentice

So, yes, this is happening for me as well, but I do have one question. Crinrict, were you ever able to determine what it was about that first test Sim that made them "immune" to the bug? I ask because last night, I was able to enter CAS with my current family (after saving first, of course) after their two toddlers aged up from babies, and plan their outfits with no problem. However, when I tried again this morning after playing a bit longer (and again, saved first) the bug did occur with the same Sims. 

The only thought I have is that maybe, because the twin toddlers had never really entered CAS before as babies and this was the first time CAS had ever loaded them, this prevented the bug? I'd have to wait until I have another baby age up to test again, but I can't imagine a patch for this taking that long. But I was wondering if your test Sim was in a similar situation-like a pre-made who was in a new save?

I'm genuinely curious as to how the exact same Sims were not affected last night but are now.

Message 197 of 325 (822 Views)

Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

We have a mod fix.

I'm not allowed to link but check social media or my blog (search for: My Sims age randomly changes)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 198 of 325 (783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Nakashimafied  Right?!... I'm shocked... People can't even have lives outside of developing this game.

I understand this is game breaking for a lot of simmers, but patience is a virtue. Another patch will come. If you have other games to play over the weekend nows the time to do it or heck get outside and enjoy the day or whatever other hobbies ya'll have. Remember the Thanksgiving holiday is coming this Thursday, here in the states, and guess what they won't be working then too Wink lol. At the end of the day,  Players have to remember they're regular people just like us with families and lives outside of work too. Your weekend is no more important than theirs 

Thanks for the info Crin! I'll check out your twitter for that mod fix Standard smile

Message 199 of 325 (771 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
plenty of people work on the weekend, it's their fault they broke it and didn't test properly, now they have to fix it.
Message 200 of 325 (728 Views)