Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

by LuvMySimz

Original Post

★ Guide

I don't dare confirm that this bug does NOT affect build/buy mode like people are claiming, because that would be quite a major thing as well and I don't want people affected by it if it does happen, but I checked and went into build/buy mode, and my Sim did not age from it. I also tried actually placing something new, and still my Sim did not age from build/buy. 

When I take my Sim into CAS, she seems to lose around 6/7 days each time... but I'm not sure if it is constant, or if longer times spent in CAS do result in more days lost. I know I took my Sim into CAS 4 times, one of which was me creating her, and she seemed to lose about the same amount of days each time - for the first two times I had aging off though, so I can't say for sure how many days she lost. The third and fourth time were for testing purposes - both of these times I spent about a few minutes in CAS to add a new outfit, and she lost 6 days each: went from 85 to 79 to 73. I started her as a fresh save file and spent probably at least half an hour in CAS with her upon creating her, and she started the game with the age bar a little filled - I think she was at around 90 instead of 96. After that, I had to go into CAS real quick to change something, say a few seconds, and I think it went down another few days to 85. This all just for clarification for those who are thinking of playing their main saves with this bug in... for me, Sims all seemed to lose the same amount of about 6/7 days per CAS. Going into Create New Sim and then canceling may affect your save too - I went into Create New Household briefly to check my CC after the patch, knowing my own Sims should not be taken into CAS, and canceled "Create New Household" to go into live mode with my vampire family - both vampires had aged, but my (alien) child Sim had not. Not entirely sure about this, though - all I do know is my vamps suddenly had their bar filled a little even though at least one of those has been a vampire from the start and therefore should have a completely empty age bar. Do note, though, that it seems to depend per game how many days you lose - those with custom lifespans seem to lose a LOT more days from CAS. 

Message 141 of 325 (1,158 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I tried it several times and couldn't reproduce the BB aging either.

Message 142 of 325 (1,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Just because this BUG doesn't affect your Sims while in Build/Buy mod doesn't mean that it's not true. There are plenty of Simmers out there whom it affects. That counts for the hair clolor swatch problem too. Some don't have it, and some do.

Message 143 of 325 (1,096 Views)

★ Pro
@alanmichael1
in your post #139 you said that it does. Now what?
Message 144 of 325 (1,090 Views)

★ Guide
Hence me saying "I don't dare confirm/deny." It's useful for Simmers to know that the BB aging bug is not global like the CAS aging bug is, if it happens.
Message 145 of 325 (1,063 Views)

★ Pro

To be honest, I don't understand why the same people keep posting over and over. We ALL have  been heard and the bug will get fixed as SimGuruIcarus and SimGuruNick on Twitter has stated. So why don't we all just get some rest and wait for the fix. That's about all we can do now anyway.

Message 146 of 325 (1,040 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think its that some of us are just venting our frustration. 

Message 147 of 325 (1,021 Views)

★ Apprentice

Spent less that a minute in CAS Complete new game folder

BEFORE
beforeCAS (2).PNG

AFTER

AfterCAS (2).PNG

Message 148 of 325 (1,001 Views)

★ Pro

@Morgy wrote:

I think its that some of us are just venting our frustration. 

Or just too much of free time Wink

I'm frustrated too, but it still doesn't make the fix come faster. What I do while I wait on the fix (which hopfully will come out SOON) is clean out some old CC's that I haven't hardly ever used, or I create new recolors, or make some already existing older creations from other Creators look even better by editing the textures - for custom use that is of course Wink

Message 149 of 325 (887 Views)

Re: Sims 4 aging glitch after changing looks

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Noppasit777 wrote:

Considering the Sims team size is (I believe) small, they can check only up to some point. The number of players is much larger than the development team, and in my opinion they probably release it and let the players to discover those bugs as large number of players would discover the problem in a shorter period of time when comparing to the team discover the bug by themselves would take much longer.

No, no no. No developer wants to ship with bugs, let alone game breaking ones. The games they work on are their babies. They likely just didn't get the time to do proper QA cycles to fix all the bugs, and were forced to ship a product before it was properly tested and fixed. Don't blame the devs, blame the people forcing the deadlines onto them. 

Stop blaming the devs that pour their hearts and souls into these games, I'm sure they would LOVE to ship they feel it's ready for the general public rather than when EA decides its time for it's release.

Message 150 of 325 (847 Views)