Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

by sonynotte

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Hamsysincy wrote:

Hi Crinrict/ all,

Does this bug affects other unplayed household or it only affects the current household? Thanks.

This is the worst bug ever!!

I checked using MCCC and in my save it affected even unplayed ones. I had one sim who it said their age was double the lifespan of that stage.

Anyway, gonna "me too" this problem and add that I've noticed a bug also connected to aging. My household has a baby and when aging him up the animation doesn't play and the kid disappears. He still shows up in the panel and using CAS makes him appear, but it brings me right back to this bug anyway. My save also has sims that should be nowhere near aging yet all of their age bars are full. I do use mods, but removing them does nothing. (EDIT: It turns out this isn't connected at all. It had to do with whims but it's sorted now.) Even in a new save (without mods) my test save sims are already ready to age up despite just having been created and placed.

Message 131 of 325 (1,434 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Hamsysincy At least in my game, it affected the entire town.  I loaded a copy of a prepatch save and as soon as I pressed the unpause button, the entire town aged up and all the elders died.  Mind you I hadn't even gone into CAS.  Before I found this thread, I thought I was going bonkers.  It was a real WTHeck?? moment. 

Message 132 of 325 (1,418 Views)

★ Guide

Welp, seems i'm gonna stay out of TS4 until the developers fix this issue.

I've checked that none of my elder sims are gone but they aged drastically. This is really frustrating.

Such a disappointment after spending a full $40 for this EP.

I'd really hope this issue can be resolved asap.

Message 133 of 325 (1,418 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep, same. Not even gonna touch it until I hear that it's fixed.

Did everyone get that link way back in the beginning of the thread for one of the Guru's twitter feeds? I think he'll update on there when it's fixed.

Message 134 of 325 (1,407 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue to, even in Get Famous, and when starting up a new family, as I just started a new family for the story I am writing....guy starts by being 3 days into Young Adult, it wont personally keep me from playing Sims, but I might just have to keep my story  going slow so I wont need to go into CAS to often till this issue is resolved

Message 135 of 325 (1,367 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

★★★ Novice

To me, at the beginning of the game, the age of all my sims has been deconfigured. Most want to turn the years, when before the last update, 1.47.49.1020, they had much to do.

Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried to repair the game from Origin, but it comes out fine. I have removed all mods and not even ... This has been after the last update

Message 136 of 325 (1,340 Views)

Re: major game bug in sims4 since installmaent of gamepatch and recent expansion

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ImMendota wrote:

Why is this marked as "solved" when it is not. Once again this new system fails.

Marked as solved for visibility just means that I wanted to make sure everyone sees the post a Guru made.

Posts typically get lost in longer threads but the ones marked as solution show on the first post right after the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 137 of 325 (1,340 Views)

★ Pro
@Nerea_FP
There isn't really a temporary aging fix. I even read that the Sims age when just going into build/buy mode. You, as we all, have to wait on the next patch-fix that will hopefully come out soon like yesterday. Best you not touch the game at all until a fix arrives.
Message 138 of 325 (1,274 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@LuvMySimz

Now that you mention it also seems that my Sims ages faster in Build/Buy than in CAS ... I think I lost 2 days.

Message 139 of 325 (1,250 Views)

★★ Novice

For me it only happens in CAS and not build/buy mode. I also noticed that if you set the Age Span with the most recent version of the MC Command Center higher your Sims will age up like 20 Days for one time in CAS. I wonder how long it will take to fix the bug.

Message 140 of 325 (1,181 Views)