Re: Sims 4 aging glitch after changing looks

by wallaosg

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Now that Get Famous is out, can anyone confirm or deny that installing the pack fixes this bug?  I'm having it too and believe me I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I won't be buying the EP until a major sale happens for it.

The only other thing I can add is that I've read on here and the forums so many people who are grieving lost prepatch saves.  It is SO IMPORTANT not to just backup your saves before a patch, but to keep at LEAST one copy of those saves untouched until you are certain that all bugs have been fixed.  Back up your saves before the patch, but afterwards put in a COPY of your most recent save!  Always keep at least one backup save pristine and untouched!  That's what I've done since Sims 3, and I haven't lost a prepatch save in like 10 years.

My heart goes out to those who've lost their 2 or 3 year old saves.  Sick

Message 111 of 325 (1,714 Views)

★★ Novice

My Sims are aging up even tho I have the Expansion Pack installed. Seems like I have to wait for a patch

Message 112 of 325 (1,721 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

LOL...this is why we are all always told to backup our saves/mods/content with a new patch/release :P

Message 113 of 325 (1,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It doesn't fix it. My mistake.

My Sim is just immune against the bug (no idea why) and my test was off as I tested a different Sim without the EP installed.

EDIT

I always recommend playing a new save with a major patch to find out how everything works. Then when we know what's going on, you can dive into your old one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 114 of 325 (1,710 Views)

★ Guide

@Morgy I always do backup, but the problem appeared after the upgrade, and the same way if you get the files from the backup and put it back in the folder of The Sims 4 the problem will appear anyway, because it came in the last upgrade.

Message 115 of 325 (1,692 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I'm starting to see that.  I just can't to wrap my mind around how they missed this.  EA is supposed to test the game and patches before release...its starting to look as though they are getting sloppy.

Message 116 of 325 (1,682 Views)

Re: major game bug in sims4 since installmaent of gamepatch and recent expansion

Hero

Hi @FriendlySimmers

EA/Maxis is aware of the issue and fixing it as we speak.

I merged your post with existing thread.

Find all info in the second post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 117 of 325 (1,669 Views)

Re: major game bug in sims4 since installmaent of gamepatch and recent expansion

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @FriendlySimmers

EA/Maxis is aware of the issue and fixing it as we speak.

I merged your post with existing thread.

Find all info in the second post of this thread.

thanks for this update Standard smile  I hope they can get it done tonight or sometime over the weekend :P

Message 118 of 325 (1,668 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the replies to my question @revivalize and @crinrict I guess all of us will have to wait for a fix.  What a bummer.

Message 119 of 325 (1,584 Views)

★ Guide

Why is this marked as "solved" when it is not. Once again this new system fails.

Message 120 of 325 (1,373 Views)