Aging glitch after latest patch

by Cassidy394

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

★ Guide

I agree, this is such a game-breaking bug that I more than hope they bring out a hotfix for this SOONER rather than later. "Simply don't go into CAS" - when a new pack drops with so many awesome new CAS items that we of course can't wait to put on our existing Sims in our existing save files without it messing up literally everything, even for vampires that are not supposed to age at all - it frustrates me beyond belief. The first thing I want to do when a new pack drops, is go into CAS. I tried playing a new, throw-away save tonight but it just isn't the same experience... after more than a month of waiting for GF to drop and thinking of how I'll utilize it within my current save file, it's honestly so frustrating that I now won't be able to do all this because I'm just terrified of this bug somehow completely messing up my game (which is filled with Sims that are supposed to be immortals) when I do (accidentally) go into CAS, which I know I'll be extremely annoyed extremely soon by the new premades walking around in awful summer/winter outfits, and the new generated townies looking just as horrible, and of course my own Sims not being able to go into CAS at all. I'm possibly the worst control freak when it comes to looks of Sims and even townies, so to me, this may just be the worst kind of bug to happen. Teeth bared Between this and the Father Winter bug, the Sims Team really has outdone itself once again with gigantic bugs coming with big patches. I love this game and love the new pack, but I am extremely frustrated by this bug and frankly, also a little disappointed that a bug this big was allowed through testing.

Message 51 of 325 (1,896 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue in multiple saves.

When loading the game, there is a mass extinction of elders and my sims' ages are all over the place. I use Master Controller scripts, but the issue persists even without it running. Every time I open a given save game, more elders are dying. (Though not as many as the first time the game is open.)

Opening CAS causes everyone to age up as well, but avoiding opening it does not help the situation overall.

It makes the game unplayable.

Message 52 of 325 (1,882 Views)

Aging glitch after latest patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion packs (minus Get Famous)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Starting up the game
What happens when the bug occurs? I load a save and despite how old the sim is, they instantly age up to the next life stage.
What do you expect to see? My sims should remain the same age they are and not age until they have been in that life stage for the entire duration.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I deleted MCCC and updated my game.

I have been playing the same save since August. I was notified of the patch so I deleted my mods (MCCC) and updated. My two sims have approximately 20 days until they age up (I remember from the last time I've played) and their kids were no where near aging up. Well, as soon as i open the save all of their lifespan bars are fully green and they all age up. I go to manage worlds and the whole town aged up as well. I tried to say okay and just edit the family in CAS but as soon as i exited CAS the life span bar was fully green again and the aged up again.

I tried using the mod again and changing the lifespan on MCCC but still everyone ages up. Even when I make a new game and make a new sim, the game starts with their lifespan bar fully green and them aging up.

Is there anyway to fix this?? I can't even start a new game because the problem is carrying over. IDK what to do at this point. 

Message 53 of 325 (1,678 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have Get Famous installed.  When I load up an existing/pre-patch save and go directly to live mode I find 400ish sims age up immediately.  I played with a custom age span but with or without this modification every sim immediately has a birthday/coffin.  13 Nov 2018 patch was certainly deadly to my game.

Message 54 of 325 (1,755 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I didn't have quite a dramatic experience as cyclelegs, but the CAS aging problem does still exist with EP Get Famous installed and after a game repair. The number of days lost appears to be random. I had a one sim lose 4 days after about 70-90 seconds in CAS mode. I did notice through some testing that the age changes only occur if CAS changes are committed and not canceled.

Message 55 of 325 (1,734 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Might it have to do with installing the ability to enter CAS through the new Style career? I know you can be able to create fashion trends through that, and it probably contributed to this strange bug.
Message 56 of 325 (1,718 Views)

★ Pro

Whatever the reason is, since the Gurus know of this aging bug AND the color swatch bug with hair, they will hopefully fix this sooner rather than later.

Message 57 of 325 (1,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My sims were half way through young adult when I checked their ages tonight. Three sims that I had just made the moment I loaded the game up tonight. I made these sims and entered build mode the second the lot loaded up, so I don't know if they started that way, or if build mode also causes the issue.

I then tested entering CAS. All three of the sims were at max age. Disabling aging obviously stops it, though. Although, I didn't check to see if non-played sims were also aging. None of the passersby seemed to age, but I didn't check to make sure.

Edit, tried the tutorial.

The sim I created for the tutorial also aged up when I entered CAS. I tested it once I played through the tutorial.

As for being half-way through life stage, that happened in the tutorial as well, but that looks like a conflict between modded life stage lengths. Sims start at the base age. So 24 days until adult from young adult. Seems to completely ignore the mod.

And yes, I did try without mods. The only thing that changed was that my sims weren't halfway through their life stage.

Message 58 of 325 (1,673 Views)

Re: Aging glitch after latest patch

★★★★★ Guide

I have aging off in game and I can confirm about the aging issue. my Vampire is aging.. 

Message 59 of 325 (1,638 Views)

Re: Aging glitch after latest patch

Hero

HI @Cassidy394

merged your post with exiting thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 325 (1,619 Views)