Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

by Prov31Simmer

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages up or down while in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

In my household with 2 adults and 1 child, each time in CAS the child gets 1 day younger, one adult 1 day older and one adult stays the same.

Unfortunately this also happens if you send them to CAS via Manage Worlds.

@crinrict Are you already playing with an early copy of Get Famous? Perhaps that fixes the bug.

Message 21 of 325 (2,530 Views)

Hero

I've added some info to the second post.

It is indeed the expansion that fixes this bug which is why I couldn't replicate it. Disabling the pack allowed me to see it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 325 (2,526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's also happening in my game, all packs, completely vanilla. I can't say it affects vampires, while their age bar does show a green bit from time to time, their age doesn't seem to change. That said, I only tested with one vampire. My other Sims keeps getting older and older every time I go into CAS.

It's good to know that GF will fix this (I can play in build mode for a couple of days) but I suppose they'll need to release a fix for those that won't get the pack. At least, it would be nice if they did, the game is essentially unplayable with this bug.

Message 23 of 325 (2,490 Views)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Not every time, but more often than not
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any time a Sim is saved in  Plan Outfits from a dresser or closet
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go into Plan Outfit and back out again during Live Play, a Sim is often older. Once in testing, a different Sim in the household was younger. The game is ALSO not keeping me on the active Sim -- it's changing me to another Sim when I come out of CAS. The problem also happens with Vampires. 
What do you expect to see? No age change should happen, and I should be on the same Sim as when I went into Plan Outfits
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? This is a new save with no CC or mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the 13 of November 2018 patch and before Get Famous.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 24 of 325 (2,444 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

No happy as this is just another bug to deal with. Obviously they did not play test the game well.

Message 25 of 325 (2,358 Views)

★★ Guide

Happening in my game, too. I have aging off and couldn't figure out why her bar kept moving. This makes the game completely unplayable, in my opinion. I do have Get Famous pre-ordered, but for the people that aren't able to get that pack, this breaks the game completely. I hope the rush a fix tomorrow for this. 

Message 26 of 325 (2,349 Views)

★ Guide

Yes I have this issue too, only that my sims don't age in CAS, only in live mode Frown 

Message 27 of 325 (2,194 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem! For me, I went into CAS then noticed my family wasn't aging at all for a few sims days. I was so confused. I turned aging off then back on, repaired my game and nothing was helping fix the problem. Good to know that Get Famous will/should fix this. It's just really unfortunate.  

Message 28 of 325 (2,176 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change a Sim in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim ages.
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn't age because of an outfit change.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never had any.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes.
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 13th Patch, my game was fine before.

Message 29 of 325 (2,125 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue here. I disabled all mods and started a new save and the problem persists. Sometimes it only affects the sim I'm changing, other times it affects them all. I had a whole family suddenly jump 23 days the first time it happened.

Message 30 of 325 (2,093 Views)