Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

by missyjulee

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I even turned Aging off they gain 15 days or so every time. I am not sure how this was not caught in basic testing. This isn't like selecting writing a book occasionally results in a book not being able to be completed, so you need to scrap it. This is if anyone goes into any version of CAS with or without mods, the town ages up. I caught this within 25 minutes of the new release.

Message 11 of 325 (2,659 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Sim ages while in CAS

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this problem too. I took out all my mods/cc and repaired my game. I even started a new game and then entered CAS by ways of both the mirror and the dresser and used both Change Sim and Plan Outfit, but everytime I entered CAS my sim would age.

Message 12 of 325 (2,617 Views)

Sims Aging During CAS Loading Screen After Recent Patch

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Note a sim's age before going into CAS and then note the sim's age upon exiting CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I change a sim via a dresser, all sims in household will age anywhere from a day to a few days depending on life span.
What do you expect to see? For the sim to remain the same age after a loading screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has only occurred after the 1.47.49 patch.

Attached are images of a sim's age  and after using a dresser to change them with normal and long lifespans.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10oBjxKEsI722igoV5YvPe5TVYKM4rRgK

Message 13 of 325 (2,612 Views)

Re: Sims Aging During CAS Loading Screen After Recent Patch

Hero

HI @shortyman186

merged your post with existing thread.

Thanks for all the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 325 (2,605 Views)

Sim's age changes in cas

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Changing a Sim in cas through mirror or dresser.
What happens when the bug occurs? The aging up days change.
What do you expect to see? Days to birthday that don't increase or reduce when changing a sim in cas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 13 November Patch

With long spawn life set, and several changes in cas, the aging up moment went from 83 days to 85 to 88. I read of many users that have the very opposite problem. I made a mistake in reading the number of days to the birthday in another post but checking now again to be really sure I noticed my problem wasn't the aging up problem but an increased number of days for the Sim to age up. I don't know how to share my saves otherwise I would have attached them. 

Message 16 of 325 (2,590 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've got the same issue!

I've deactivated "aging" my Sims but they still age. When they drink the "Youth drink" they get younger but whenever they face the mirror and I give them a new outfit in the CAS, their age reverts as if they hadn't drunk the Youth Drink.

I have all packs, no mods or cc. It cames with the patch yesterday and I'm not happy :/ .

Btw I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Message 17 of 325 (2,574 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

★ Guide

I'm experiencing this as well, I'm playing in a game with aging turned off and with sims who were created as vampires and are still vampires. They are also aging.

Message 18 of 325 (2,537 Views)

★ Apprentice

@skyemuuYES! I've got the problem with my vampire Lady too! And with human-sims. *sigh*

Message 19 of 325 (2,536 Views)

★ Guide

An update  from my game. I made one more attempt. In my old save (Season: Autumn)  the age reduces in cas. In a fresh game (Season: Winter) it increases and makes the sim age up. I don't know if the matters of increasing and decreasing days to birthday it's a Season related problem or not at this point.

Message 20 of 325 (2,496 Views)