Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim ages while in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Romantic Garden Stuff, Fitness Stuff and My Pe Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wail playing, change a sim .
What happens when the bug occurs? When I change the sim (I tested whit full edit mode and without and happens in both) it ages a couple of days. I tested with and without mods does the same, I repair the game and still does it. Furthermore, doesn't matter the sims I changed, everybody in the household ages.
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn't age a couple of days automatically after changing the sim in cas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. t happened after the 13 of November 2018 patch, the patch in preparation of the game pack Get Famous.

‌Hi there,

So, after the recent game update, I notice something odd, every time I change a sim in CAS, the household ages a couple of days. I had mods, so I decided to remove them all, and to repair the game, I even create a new game to see if the problem was with my safe file, but it keeps happening. 

Message 1 of 325 (24,665 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] Sim ages while in CAS

[ Edited ]
Hero

CAS Aging

One day you’re just a teen trying on clothes in CAS and the next thing you know: BAM – you’re an elder! While it’s true that the icy embrace of mortality inevitably comes to claim us all, it probably should not happen in CAS. So shake free from the shackles of mortal coils and live eternally once more! *Begins to sing* Here we belong, fighting to survive in a world with the darkest power. Here we are…

Fixed in Patch 1.47.51 

I did a quick twins test on a very old from before Seasons patch and the twins had their birthday on the same day .. It was a very quick test

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 318 of 325 (10,860 Views)

All Replies

Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Current Status

• When playing in CAS, the Sim continues to age. The longer you stay in CAS, the older the Sim gets
  • Sims age even if you aging off
  • It seems they can randomly age up or down.
  • Vampires and Ghosts age as well.
  • This bug is pretty game breaking as it ages them even through the different stages.
  • It looks like this bug does not occur if you have Get Famous installed (got early access to that myself thanks to EA Game Changers which is why I couldn't replicate the issue). This doesn't mean you need to buy the pack to fix the bug. Just wanted to put that info out there. --> After further testing it doesn't look like this is true. My Sim I'm playing in that save just isn't affected by the bug. So it seems there's another factor that makes them resistant to the issue.
  • This will be added to the compiled list on the next round.
  • EA/Maxis is aware of this issue and working on a fix.
  • EA/Maxis is working on a patch as per Tweet by SimGuruNick: https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1063531390602371072
  • There's a mod that fixes the issue now. I'm not allowed to link but check social media or my blog (google: crinrict 'My Sims age randomly changes') --> For those wondering, the Mod works fine with MCCC --> This mod seems to be undoing the twins fix EA introduced with the patch but it's the better alternative. --> You no longer need this mod if you have the newest version of MCCC. The fix was integrated into it.
  • This issue was fixed in Patch 1.47.51

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 325 (24,554 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for the quick response,

Yes, it does happen in both options and I also notice that the more time I spend in CAS the more days the sims aged.

I have it as normal ageing, but it also happens with long and short.

Message 3 of 325 (24,541 Views)

Hero
So it's like they're aging while you're in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 325 (24,536 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes? I guess it is. I was just testing again, and I spend like 5 minuses in CAS, and they age from adults to eldery. ( in normal ageing setting)

Message 5 of 325 (24,525 Views)

Hero
Can you turn aging off and back on to see if the issue persists ?

basically turn it off, save the game under a new name, then turn it on again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 325 (24,498 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yep every time I even split the family apart and anyone who is in the family that goes to CAS ages and they don't just age up to zero. It seems to age them even into the next phase. I.e. a child doesn't just become a Day 0 Teen but a Day X Teen. Don't say simply change them back in CAS either as aging them in general messes with all their outfits, features, etc.

Message 7 of 325 (24,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Having the same Issue as well - apart from the fact that my whole town ages up the moment I load my family too. Also removed all my mods, and the issues still persists. Tried changing the lifespan in settings before loading the family, and I still got messages that some elder family friend died as well as my own family ageing up - and the family cat dying, so it's an issue for pets as well

Another Issue I also found was that the game time had changed. When I last saved, the children in the family had been in school, but the moment i loaded the game they were still in school but at nighttime. The moment they came home they had to go to school 2 or 3 hours later.

Message 8 of 325 (24,475 Views)

★ Guide

Hello, I'm having the same issue when I change the sim. No cheat used, never installed mods or cc and it occurs both in my current save and in a new game. I have all the expansions packs, game packs and stuff packs, only different thing is that I'm playing in italian language. I already repaired my game and cleaned up the cache. I also tried Crinrict's suggestion but it still happens.

Message 9 of 325 (24,475 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It happens again, even with ageing off.

Message 10 of 325 (24,465 Views)