[FIXED] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

by TullaDoVenen

Original Post

Re: Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★ Apprentice

THIS!! you are 100 percent correct and thank you for explaining exactly what happens and the only current workaround which is not to ask about colors/music.

Message 81 of 126 (1,358 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★★ Novice

@TullaDoVenen I'm having a similar problem where I can't load the sim profile at all. When I click on a sim profile, for any sim it doesn't open and just plays the background music. The background music won't go away unless I enter build mode and then go back to live mode. 

Message 82 of 126 (1,342 Views)

Re: Likes/Dislikes Possible Bug

Champion

@candiecoatediv , thanks for describing how you got this to happen! 💗 However @crinrict has confirmed that this is a bug and has merged your thread with the Bug Report on this topic!  (you can read this on page 7 post #69) .  Please continue to check this thread to see if there is any more information on it, or instructions! Angel  Thank you! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 83 of 126 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's looks to me, bugged beyond repair, 50% time I get nothing but the music, then If i'm lucky I get a blank profile but only telling me their traits.

Message 84 of 126 (1,163 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here Angry but in addition to that it broke my relationships, for example, it does not recognize the sim in question as a boyfriend or husband, son, etc. Devil

Message 85 of 126 (1,125 Views)

★ Guide

Has Internal Testing revealed a root cause for this bug yet? I would like to think that our feedback is leading towards a solution to this problem. If EA Can at least recreate it I have full confidence it will be fixed in the next patch, however if they are still having confusion over what causes it I have less faith in a fix being quickly deployed. 

I very much appreciate all efforts made to resolve this in a timely manner however.

Message 86 of 126 (1,111 Views)

★ Apprentice
@LeissaMyst You are much nicer than me. I paid for this pack which 1) cannot be played because as a decorator asking for color preferences will break a Sim profile and 2) completely broke my long played save game. The entire game is about interacting with Sims, so it's a GAME BREAKING BUG. Stuff happens, I have no problem with the fact that there was this bug. But to go this long without a fix is really inexcusable.
Message 87 of 126 (1,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't deny that it is a game breaking bug, and I said as much in my earlier posts, however there is no point in being ill-tempered to these people when they are trying to help. Sometimes problems slip through, even extreme bugs are not off the table for any game. I understand that many are not used to such a severe bug being in a title by Electronic Arts, but the fact remains that it happened and that it hopefully is being fixed. I have similar results to you as well, but getting upset about it won't fix the problem. I just hope for a speedy resolution so I can start to play properly from here on out.

Edit after the fact: Also my advice is to hold on to any so-called "corrupted" saves. There is the possibility that once a fix is properly deployed that they may become functional once again.

Message 88 of 126 (1,058 Views)

Sims 4 Sim Profile bug occuring from the May 27th update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except kits and the starwars pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create two sperate households with likes and dislikes. get to know them a bit to have some form of relationship. look at their sims profile to see that there is something there. ask them about their dislikes and likes. once you learned something, check their profile again and there will most likely be nothing there. (People have also reported this issue is forums from what I saw)
What happens when the bug occurs? whenever you ask a sim their likes and dislikes. it messes with the sims profiles
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a full list of: -their likes and dislikes -traits -sentiments -relationship
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The first screenshot is what I see when I dont ask a sim their likes or dislikes

the other screenshot is when I do ask for a sims likes or dislikes

I tried this with the mods off as well, I uninstalled my game, reset my pc, reinstalled the game but the issue still occurred. I figured it was maybe something to do with a ui glitch but it wasnt. It's an in game bug that was created from the newest update to the sims which happened on may 27th. 

Message 89 of 126 (1,055 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★★★ Newbie

I’m on Xbox and my sims profiles was not opening today so I’m having a similar issue I was trying to view a new sentiment that was added and it just wouldn’t open I could still play the game after I clicked on it but the thing didn’t even try to open

Message 90 of 126 (1,015 Views)