[FIXED] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

by TullaDoVenen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★ Apprentice

I am having a similar problem. It started after installing the new Dream Home Decorator pack. So I went to Origin and repaired my game just incase the install wasn't correct. It still happened. After researching, I decided to rename my game to Sims 4_Backup to start a fresh game. I made a sim without Story, placed on lot, built house, then waited for the neighbor wagon. Then I proceeded to build a relationship with the 3 sims that arrived. I made several different conversations, including asking about some of the likes. The Sim Profile was still able to open and appeared correctly initially. The longer the Neighbors were there, the problems began and continued to get worse. I first began noticing that not all the information was appearing in the Sim Profile of the neighbors. Then it would appear in some but not others. Lastly, the Sim Profile panel refused to open at all. Hovering over the Sims in the Relationship panel would still show the desired information, such as spouse, likes/dislikes, etc. 

Message 21 of 126 (2,918 Views)

Sims 4 broken sentiments after new game patch in may 2021

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bust the dust, throwback fit kit, country kitchen, fitniss stuff, toddler stuff, and kids room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By clicking "open sims profile" in the relationship panel
What happens when the bug occurs? The problem started occurring as soon as my game updated to the new game patch. every-time i try to open a sims profile, and see the new gained sentiments It either wont open at all, or all information gained on the sim says "unknown". no new sentiments appear even though I get notifications saying my sim gained a new sentiment with another sim. I have removed every single mod in my game, and it still the problem persists. Therefore, the new game update has broken my sentiment panel.
What do you expect to see? sims profile opening normally when clicked to open , and sentiments being displayed normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this issue immediately began after the 1.75.125.1230 patch. I have removed all my mods and the problem persists even with no custom CC or mods installed. Therefore making it a patch issue.

This is what happens if a sims profile does happen to open and says "unknown" . other times, the sims profile will not open at all. 

Message 22 of 126 (2,364 Views)

Sim Profile Won't Show

★★★★★ Novice

After the latest update, whenever I click to show a sim's profile, it either won't show or it is completely blank. I have all the DLCs except Journey to Batuu and Vampires. I do play with mods, but I turned them off to troubleshoot and I still have the problem with mods and cc off.  My game does generate a "lastUIException" file and the error says "TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
 at widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain/PopulatePreferences()
 at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()
 at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/DispatchToWidget()
"

Message 23 of 126 (2,731 Views)

Re: Sims 4 broken sentiments after new game patch in may 2021

Hero
@Summerxena Do you get any lastUI exceptions as in this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-Profile-not-opening-after-Learning-Dis-Likes-LUIE-occurrin... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 126 (2,304 Views)

Re: Sims 4 broken sentiments after new game patch in may 2021

Message 25 of 126 (2,302 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, I even tried reinstalling the game and it didn't work Frown 

Message 26 of 126 (2,847 Views)

I cannot open other Sims' profiles

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Together, Parenthood, Dine Out, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to open a Sim's profile.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim's profile doesn't open. Instead, it just plays that music when you're in Manage Worlds. It happens often. Also, if it does open, I can't see sentiments or their relationship towards each other.
What do you expect to see? I expect to open my other Sims' profile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Sim's profile doesn't open. Instead, it just plays that music when you're in Manage Worlds. It happens often. Also, if it does open, I can't see sentiments or their relationship towards each other.

Message 27 of 126 (2,833 Views)

Re: I cannot open other Sims' profiles

★★★★ Expert
@bae281995 Yea, I noticed the music. It just plays over and over. Gets annoying after a while.
Message 28 of 126 (2,814 Views)

Re: I cannot open other Sims' profiles

★★ Guide

So it's not just me. 

Message 29 of 126 (2,801 Views)

Re: Sim Profile Won't Show

@jasmynej14

How about if you try a completely new game folder https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 30 of 126 (2,693 Views)