Original Post

Re: Sim Profile Won't Show

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora
yes i posted in the thread! thank you Standard smile
Message 41 of 126 (1,622 Views)

★★ Guide

I have the same issue too. First i thought it was related to mod or custom content, but i uninstalled the game, took out all the mods and cc, installed the game again, new save, new sim, only official content, and it keeps happening. Please, fix it, its really annoying to be unable to use the sims profile. I cant believe this could go unnoticed in any decent game testing before release, you only need 5 minutes gameplay to find this issue...

Message 42 of 126 (1,610 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@babuchas01 To be fair, any Trait mod that wasn't updated for a patch a few months ago will cause the same problem.

However, the BUG in this thread has nothing to do with mods.
Message 43 of 126 (1,603 Views)

Sim Profile Not Opening

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MAC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Almost every time (90%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except: Snowy Escape, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Paranormal, My First Pet, Fitness, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Perfect Patio and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a sim profile and open up one of their relationships in the relationship panel. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim's profile will open but it's mostly blank. However, after that one is opened, I cannot even attempt to open another sim's profile. The button no longer works.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a sim's profile that includes their traits, relationship, likes/dislikes, etc ... 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but the bug still occurred even after I uninstalled my mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game for the Dream Home Decorator Pack.

My main issue is the fact that I cannot open my sim's profiles. However, I noticed this most often happens after I open a teenaged sim's profile when my selected sim is also a teen. After that, I cannot open any sim's profile. I do not even get the blank screen like I did before. 

Message 44 of 126 (1,669 Views)

Re: Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★ Apprentice

This description outlines the exact issues I have experienced with my game and my testing results have matched exactly. I added a me too on the original post but wanted to also second what this poster has said rather than writing up an identical post. I am hoping this can be fixed with a patch quickly, it breaks some of what I feel were the biggest reasons for updating and playing the decorating pack 

Message 45 of 126 (1,706 Views)

Re: Sim Profile Not Opening

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this, no mods - LUIE populates on game opening. Tried a folder reset and it works fine on a clean folder, no mods save.

Message 46 of 126 (1,636 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★★★ Novice
@TullaDoVenen Same problem here and it happened after learning another sim's favorite color. I also noticed that sometimes the options to ask for favorite color, etc. do not appear.
Message 47 of 126 (1,688 Views)

★★ Novice

After purchasing Dream Home Decorator, I started a new save file. I'm able to open the Sims profile at the beginning of the game, however after learning hobbies and favourite colour of a NPC the sim profile no longer opens. I have removed all mods from my game, but to no avail. I hope this bug is fixed ASAP

Message 48 of 126 (1,671 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So to avoid this bug you have to avoid asking sims about their likes/dislikes, which means that there is no way to avoid this bug if you want to play Dream Home Decorator.

What a disaster.

Message 49 of 126 (1,652 Views)

Re: I cannot open other Sims' profiles

★★ Apprentice

@bae281995 me too! Music plays as if sim's profile was opened but it doesn't open. If I go in build mode and then go back to live mode, music goes. 

Message 50 of 126 (1,648 Views)