Re: [OPEN] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

by kusurusu

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I find if you have the game on steam verify the integrity of game files by right clicking your game in the steam library select properties then local files tab and then click verify the integrity of game files it will fix the problem and also fix the saves but i'm sure the bug is bound to happen again.

Message 11 of 126 (3,097 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue! After my sim learnt hobbies, color and music tastes from a sim out of the household I got a blank sim profile, closed it and when I retried it wouldn't open at all. In addition after learning those first 3 preferences I couldn't learn more of them

Message 12 of 126 (3,081 Views)

★ Pro

Same thing happens here when I only ask them about their hobbies.

Message 13 of 126 (3,066 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The profiles still work if you open it through the relationships tabs AND it shows known likes and dislikes!

Message 14 of 126 (3,021 Views)

Sim profile window fails to open

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but the throwback fit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try selecting a sims profile from the relationship panel after learning one of their likes/dislikes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The profile window fails to open up for any of the sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the profile window with the sims information.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that added likes and dislikes.

The first time I tried opening a profile it worked fine, but after learning another sim's like/dislike, it opened but only the sims name appeared and nothing else. When I tried again the window would not open at all for any sim. I tried this in a save with no mods in game.

Message 15 of 126 (2,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It still doesn't open for me, if you hover over the relationship panel it shows the details but once you try to open the profile i still get a blank sim profile

Message 16 of 126 (2,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Same problem LastUIE with client info // no modded, new game + new Sims4 folder //

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>216f19f3210d532160b278c0</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-05-29 17:27:28</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.75.125.1030-1.200.000.507.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain</categoryid><desyncid>216f19f3210d532160b278c0</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain/PopulatePreferences()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/DispatchToWidget()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/DispatchStoredOnDemandMessages()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::LayoutManager/OnDemandWidgetLoadComplete()&#13;&#10;rtim=18787&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 6.89&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,99,47918&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19041 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti nvldumdx.dll 27.21.14.6647, GUID: D7B71E3E-5846-11CF-0542-9D431BC2D635&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 17 of 126 (2,914 Views)

Re: Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem as well ;( 

Message 18 of 126 (2,848 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue. One of my sims learned too much from a person and he breaks my game any time I try to see profiles. I have mods still in my game but I ran a compatibility test and everything was up to date and functional. Now that I know people are still having the issue without any mods, I know it's a game issue. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Message 19 of 126 (2,691 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Verified with existing save and a new game.

It also occurs when you take one of the new interior design gigs, learn the client's likes and dislikes. Their profile panel is then broken. Once you view a broken sim's panel, ALL panels then break and the UI never opens again until the next re-load of the game.

Not a mods issue. Not a cache issue. This is a base-game break.

The entire profile system is FUBAR.

Message 20 of 126 (2,647 Views)