Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim Profile Not Showing Properly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Magic and bantuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim Profile doesn't show
What do you expect to see? When I try to view my Sims Profile nothing will sow sometimes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been having problems with viewing a Sim Profile since the game was updated to have that option. Sometimes with the first view, I'm able to view the Sims full profile. The second view of another Sim I would be lucky to see the sim sanding on the left hand side and maybe the gender. On the third try...nothing! this has been happening since the game was updated for Snowy escape. I do use mods in my game and have taken them out when trying to view the Sim Profile and it does the same thing during vanilla game play. It is really annoying because I like to view Sim profiles and see the sentiments. The system is broken and it needs to be fixed. Or is there a fix?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (13,057 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim Profile Not Showing Properly

[ Edited ]
Hero

Going to mark this as fixed as there hasn't been any new reports since the patch that fixed the profiles.

If you still have issues with the profile with no mods/cc, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (13,165 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Hi @ILoveSims3355 !  You mentioned removing mods so I'm guessing you're still having the problem.  Sometimes you also need to delete the localthumbcache.package file as well.  You can find that in your Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder.  You might also want to repair the game.  After the repair is complete, open the game and see if you can view the profiles.

Before adding mods back to your folder, be sure you have the most recent, updated versions.  You may want to test them, a few at a time, to see which ones are causing the issue.  FYI, I read a few posts that  suggested "trait" mods will break the profile system.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 12 (13,038 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. I always delete my cache files and etc.. after every game play. It became a habit from playing TS2. It happened the same after I removed the mods from my folder. I also read that it could be a trait but since I’ve tried the profile with No mods in my game at all, I didn’t think a trait would cause the problem. The system is broken and I believe that it’s something the creators would have to fix. 

Message 3 of 12 (12,989 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ILoveSims3355 Well that is definitely frustrating.  Unfortunately, I really don't think it's the overall game or software that is broken.  I have not had this problem in my game and every other report I can find indicates the issue is caused by mods. 

When you tested the game without mods, did you open a new save?  If not, try opening the game and creating a new save without mods. 

If you're still having trouble, try moving your entire Sims 4 folder from your Documents / Electronic Arts folder to the desktop.  Then right click the game in Origin and select repair.  Once the repair is complete.  Open the game and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated which should be completely clean of any lingering effects.  

Let us know if you're still having trouble after trying a new save and/or testing the completely clean game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 12 (12,952 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@ILoveSims3355 i have this issue at time, although it seldom happening. when it happened, it affect the rest of profile viewing, i have to restart the game to fix it. this seems likely to happen when i attempt to view on a sim who haven't been greet/introduced with the active sim yet.
Message 5 of 12 (12,935 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

From other sources I’m told that some traits were broken and that could be the reason why. I’m going to see if that is the reason why some profiles weren’t working. If that’s not the case and it’s still happening then I’ll try the new save/TS4 folder. 

Message 6 of 12 (12,885 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Kelmen1974 Do you have custom traits in your game? I read from other sources that it may be an issue from some traits broken from snowy escape update. I’ve tried testing without any mods at all in game and it did the same thing so idk but I’m about to see right now.
Message 7 of 12 (12,884 Views)

Hero
@ILoveSims3355 did you delete the localthumbcache file ? Does it happen on a new save that never had mods/cc in ?

There is a known issue for profiles broken during club meetings.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (12,855 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem even when I remove my mods and start a new save file

Message 9 of 12 (12,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Amyangelus They fixed one profile issue in the last patch. Is your game all updated ?

Did you delete localthumbcache after deleting mods ? Do you get a empty profile or is there no pop-up?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (12,146 Views)