[FIXED] Sim Home from Work but icon still grey

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Re: Sims act as if at work/school after returning home

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 73 (2,003 Views)

My sim shows he's at work even though hes at home and not supposed to be working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets & Dogs only
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try it in game
What happens when the bug occurs? I have two sims. One of them is working towards the business career while the other one opened up a vet clinic. Every day whenever the sim goes to work the other would go to the clinic, but when my sim comes back from the clinic, the other sims still shows that is working even though he only works from 9am - 5pm. He would be sitting at home yet it shows he is at work. I waited till next day and it still showed he's at work and when he actually had to go to work he didn't go because apparently he's been at work all this time. I'm not getting any money out of this either-or experience.
What do you expect to see? Whenever I come back from the vet clinic at 5pm that he is at home at 5pm because that is when he finishes work and that the little picture at the bottom of him shows he's not at work because at the moment it shows he is at work and I can't do anything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch.

I have verified the game plenty of times so I know its not a file I am missing. I have restarted the game and also saved it and exit then go back into the game and it doesn't change. I also created new sims 3 times and each time it does the same thing. Its just a bug and I know it so please fix it soon because I can't play it unless I have one sim in the game I am controlling at the time.  

Message 32 of 73 (2,000 Views)

Re: My sim shows he's at work even though hes at home and not supposed to be wor

Hero

Hi @ToxicBicky

merged your post with existing thread.

Could everyone who's posts I merged also press me too on the first page. The amount of posts in the threads and the me toos kinda don't match.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 73 (1,976 Views)

Re: My sim shows he's at work even though hes at home and not supposed to be wor

★★★ Guide

Acknowledged Standard smile Pressed the thing

Message 34 of 73 (1,953 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim Home from Work but icon still grey

★★ Apprentice

This is now happening to me with two sims. I tried travelling with one to a festival to shake it loose, I got the "___ is at work, are you sure you want to leave early?" or something like that, and clicked yes - but she's still gray and 'at work' even at the festival. I managed to get this to fix itself once, but I have no idea what I did. Anyone?

Message 35 of 73 (1,923 Views)

Hero

Hi @destinynchicken

Which career are your Sims in ? Could you also list the packs you own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 73 (1,908 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrictthe Sim this always happens to is in the investor branch Business career. The second Sim this happened to, is in the Detective career, and this happened when I had his housemates on another lot while he was at work. I usually 'send alone' him to work, only sometimes I'll go with him
Packs: Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to Work, Vampires, and both 'free stuff'

Message 37 of 73 (1,896 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 73 (1,887 Views)

Champion

@destinynchicken wrote:

This is now happening to me with two sims. I tried travelling with one to a festival to shake it loose, I got the "___ is at work, are you sure you want to leave early?" or something like that, and clicked yes - but she's still gray and 'at work' even at the festival. I managed to get this to fix itself once, but I have no idea what I did. Anyone?

I manage to work around it by saving and quitting the game completely. Then when I reload, I send a non-bugged household member to a different venue and leave the bugged “at work” sim at home. Then when I click their icon and choose leave work early it usually works and they get paid and their icon returns to normal.

Message 39 of 73 (1,868 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks I'll keep that in mind for next time it happens

Message 40 of 73 (1,862 Views)