[FIXED] Sim Home from Work but icon still grey

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sim Home from Work but icon still grey

★ Pro

Since replicating an issue is the first step in getting a fix for an issue, I'm glad to hear that hurtle has been cleared Standard smile

@Somber_Cry, your save won't be needed this time but I still recommend reading Crinrict's post I linked to.  It's just good information to have.

Message 11 of 73 (3,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Somber_Cry

Although we have been able to reproduce the issue, saves are always welcome. Any individual save will always help us identify the root cause.

So please, don't hesitate to upload it if you are willing!

Happy Simming!  

Message 12 of 73 (3,240 Views)

★ Pro

Oh, sorry SimQA_Icarus!  I misinterpreted your prior post to mean more saves weren't necessary.  Mea Culpa!

@Somber_CryI hope you do still have the affected game saves you can upload.

Message 13 of 73 (3,220 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I tried that already but it didn't work Frown
Message 14 of 73 (3,188 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm pretty sure I deleted the saved game from the main menu and just started over completely. So I don't think I have any files of them to upload. Sorry.

Message 15 of 73 (3,169 Views)

Unable To Send Sim Child To School

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult female sim stay late at the Sim Lab. This may also occur with an adult male sim and any other job profession added by the Get To Work Expansion Pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? The icon for one of the female child Sims shows her as still being at school when she has actually returned home.
What do you expect to see? The icon for one of my female child Sims shows her as still being at school, whereas she has already returned home. As a result, she never goes to school and there is no option to send her there. Additionally, as she is still shown as being at school, I cannot access her inventory as the option is greyed out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please see the attached screenshot, which best explains my problem.

Message 16 of 73 (3,131 Views)

Re: Unable To Send Sim Child To School

Hero
@AGLts01 Merged your post with existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 73 (3,117 Views)

Re: Unable To Send Sim Child To School

★ Guide

Just adding a quick report on this too. Sorry if it's the wrong place.

I've had this happen on multiple sims. The "Leave Work Early" option doesn't always work.

Leaving the lot and then using "Leave Work Early" has worked on one occasion. Resetting/debugging the sim and then using "Leave Work Early" has worked twice, failed 3-4 times. If all else fails, I've found that inviting the sim in question to a social event can override being stuck at work. My sims go to a lot of dance parties now.

Message 18 of 73 (3,082 Views)

★★★ Guide

I often have issues with Sims not showing as home from work even though they are playable and in the house. I find I have to click them and tell them to leave work early for them to toggle as home, but I'm not sure if this penalizes their work performance.

Message 19 of 73 (3,023 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also now having this issue, after the most recent patch with Seasons (July 10th patch). Exactly what is described by other users.

Message 20 of 73 (2,984 Views)