Re: [OPEN] Sim Home from Work but icon still grey

by daarsim

Original Post

★ Guide

Just had this problem myself.  The City Living job was  Social Media, though, and the sim had just come home from work only to die. I thought the other parent must have ben sent home early because there was also a toddler on the lot who couldn't be left alone. Odd thing is, it was another City Living job, politician, and neither  had been doing work from home tasks at the time.  

Message 41 of 73 (2,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I've just had it happen to another sim. The one stuck at work beyond their end time is in the writer career (so a standard career), and he got stuck while I was playing another sim in the household who was attending a dance party at the Bluffs.

The one at the dance party is in the Politics career as a charity organiser (so it's an optional work from home career, as per the other people reporting a patten). I didn't choose to work from home that day though - he'd just arrived home from his workplace, then got invited off the lot while the sim stuck in a work state at work and never arrives home in the UI, although they are actually at home.

Message 42 of 73 (2,076 Views)

Sim seems to be at work even though he's not, sim icon remains gray

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your sim go to work and wait until he/she gets out of work. When your sim doesn´t come from work even though his/her worktime is over, then you have the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though sim has come from work, the icon for sim remains gray. I can play with that sim (I had to summon him from work to another plot to get him out of work. Otherwise, he would have been overworked and could not get away) but still sim seems to be working. When I try to get the sim to leave earlier, pops up a window asking you are sure you want that sim to go out earlier, and when I answer yes, nothing happens and the icon is still gray.
What do you expect to see? Sim should get out of work when the working time ends and the sim icon should not be gray anymore.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Does anybody else have this problem? 

Message 43 of 73 (2,058 Views)

Re: Sim seems to be at work even though he's not, sim icon remains gray

Hero

Hi @SamanthaSunny

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 73 (2,047 Views)

Re: Sim supposedly still at work though home; weird white boots?? (botanist)

★★ Guide

12-13-18_4-34-10 PM.png

I also ran into the "at home but game still thinks they're at work" bug.

The Sim is here at home watching TV, but their tray icon still thinks they're at Work.  They're still dressed in their work outfit, and it's clearly past work hours.

I came upon this situation when I had come back home after the other Sim in the household had gone out to a club outing.

Not shown in the picture, but the affected Sim's needs were decreasing strangely, too.

While they were working, they were doing the "Work Hard" option.

Now with this bug active, they're at home, but their Fun need is still decreasing  quickly, as if they were still working hard.

Clicking the icon on their picture and choosing "Leave Early" didn't do anything.

The prompt said "____ would like to leave work early."  Not even saying the name properly, just a blank space of underscores.

I was ultimately able to clear this bug up by waiting for their NEXT work day, with a little weirdness.

When the time came for them to go to work, they changed into their work clothing and... didn't go to work.

But this time, choosing to Leave Work Early properly cleared their status and had their tray icon show that they weren't at work.

Message 45 of 73 (2,027 Views)

Re: Sim supposedly still at work though home; weird white boots?? (botanist)

Hero

@Iyasenu

moved your post over to the thread fort he still at work

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 73 (2,013 Views)

Work glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions All game packs but not vampires Stuff packs: backyard stuff, cool kitchen, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, perfect patio, romantic garden, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game It says the sim is at work, but is in the household, and still interects with other family members etc. A notice comes up saying ‘the sim is at work would you like them to come home early?’ Even though the required button wasnt pressed
What happens when the bug occurs? The work icon is faded as if the sim is at work And the icon still has the buttons, like ‘work hard’
What do you expect to see? The work icon should only be there if the sim is at work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It wont let me post a picture

Message 47 of 73 (1,977 Views)

Re: Can not get my sims off of Care for self! Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I have no mods or CC and have just started having this issue since installing Pets and Parenting.  I have tried reinstalling and repairing.  Issue is happening with multiple families.  I have tried moving them out/in which gets them back but the next time I play, same thing.  I'm on a Mac.  Please help!!!

Message 48 of 73 (1,975 Views)

Re: Can not get my sims off of Care for self! Sims 4

Hero

Hi @stephthea

moved your post over to the current thread on the issue

Do you have the option to leave early ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 73 (1,958 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have just experienced the Sim still at work bug as well. My game version is 1.48.94.1020 and I have all expansions except Get Famous right now. No CC or mods are installed.

I decided to load a save I hadn't gone back to since March of 2018 which was before I had the Seasons Pack since it asked me what season I wanted to start out in when I loaded the save. I have two human Sims in the household who are sisters to each other from CAS. One sister is in the Astronaut career and the other is in the Scientist career. The Astronaut had to go to work from 8 AM to 6 PM and the Scientist had work from 10 AM to 7 PM. I was playing the Astronaut Sim in first person camera mode as she got ready for work and the other Sim was still sleeping. When the Astronaut Sim initiated going to work I was still in first person camera until it kicked me out as she disappeared to work.

After the Astronaut Sim went to work I woke up the Scientist Sim and got her ready for work. I was in first person camera mode with her as she finished eating breakfast and right after she finished eating I got the follow to work or send alone message so I followed her to work. I played a normal day at work with her in the Scientist career and at the end of her shift she got a promotion and returned home. It was at this point I noticed the Astronaut Sim still appeared to be at work according to the UI when she should have come home an hour before I left work with the Scientist. I clicked the return home early option on the Astronaut but it didn't work. Then I noticed she was actually in the house (I didn't see her at first but I believe she was there already there when I got home with the other Sim).

I was able to have the Astronaut do things but of course her inventory was unavailable and I couldn't right click her icon to get the camera to follow focus on her because the game thought she's still at work. I had them eat and wash up and sent them to bed at which point I quit and saved the game. I then selected the repair game option from the Origin launcher and started the game again when that was done.

When I loaded the save and it showed me the map to select households to play I clicked back on their household (it's the only played household in Willow Creek). In map select view where you can select which Sim to load into from the household it said the Astronaut was at home and I thought it was fixed. So I selected her and clicked the play button but when the household loaded her icon was still grayed out at work even though she was sleeping in bed.

Of course, as luck would have it, Vlad was immediately doing a break-in when it loaded back up for some reason. I had read this thread while repairing the game so I wanted to try going in and out of CAS and or travelling to see if that would clear the problem but I had to deal with Vlad first. Of course Vlad choose the Astronaut to feed on so I had the Scientist blast Vlad with the Freeze Ray to put a stop to that. Vlad had managed to Daze my Astronaut but failed to feed on her so I sent her to a mirror to go into CAS. While I was in there I went ahead and customized both of their hot and cold weather outfits since those were still random and exited CAS.

Unfortunately, that did not clear the problem and my Astronaut still showed as at work. I then had her travel to the Bargain Bend lot in Willow Creek which is still a vacant lot in this save. As soon as she loaded into the vacant lot she got paid for the previous day's shift and got the promotion where you choose which branch of the career to take. She was no longer at work. I choose the smuggler branch and then sent her back home. I note here that between the promotion and branch choice her hours and days of work are completely different now so maybe that helped to reset something too? As it stands now, if I follow the Scientist to work, my Astronaut will leave for work off lot before I get home with the Scientist. I have not yet had a chance to see what happens now.

Hope that wasn't too long but I wanted to explain all the steps that happened. I've never had this happen with this save before but like I said it was a save that hadn't been loaded in a while and several updates and expansion packs where installed in between today and the last time I played this save.

Message 50 of 73 (1,937 Views)