[FIXED] Sim Can't Retire/ LE Generated

by ShinyDelta

Original Post

Re: FYI Retiring does not work after update

★ Guide

I cannot retire my Sims anymore since downloading High School.  They make the phone call but employment status does not change.  I’m on Xbox so no mods. 

Message 21 of 83 (3,023 Views)

Re: FYI Retiring does not work after update

★ Apprentice

Not using mods, on PC and having the retirement issue, they just don't retire and go about working like nothing happened. This has been since update / HS pack download.

Message 22 of 83 (2,997 Views)

Retirement reset

★★★★★ Newbie

Forgive me if this post isn't formatted correctly - I'm very very new! OK so. Whenever I have a Sim try to retire on their phone, I get the usual pop-up asking if I'm sure. After I click "yes" my sim gets about halfway through their phone call before completely resetting. If they're sitting down, they'll cut to standing. They just drop everything. Anyone have a solution for this? I worked real hard to get my sim to the top of their career and would very much like the retirement pay! And yes, I have tried turning it off and back on.

(BTW, I have Vampires, Werewolves, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Strangerville, Discover University, Get to Work, and Realm of Magic. If the packs might affect it.)

Message 23 of 83 (2,989 Views)

Re: Retirement reset

Hero
@madsarnold I merged your post with the existing report.

Just click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 83 (2,978 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim Can't Retire/ LE Generated

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this issue too however, no pop ups come up. I just click retire and nothing happens. My sim till has his job and the game still prompts him to go.

Message 25 of 83 (2,961 Views)

★★★ Novice

After today's update my sims still cannot retire. 

Message 26 of 83 (2,883 Views)

Sims Can't Retire

★★ Novice

My elderly sim cannot retire from his job. I aged him up, went to his phone and clicked retire. The game always asks if I'm sure and clarifies that their salary will be given to my household daily, I click okay, yes I want them to retire and my sim makes the phone call. Except, the game doesnt register this and he continues to have his job and is expected to go to work. I tried shift clicking my sim and hitting debug and tried again, but that didn't work either. I tried a few times and even waited two sims days after the age up to try then, still the retirement didn't go through. I play on PC and I have no mods or CC, and I have the newest update that came out today 8/2/2022, version 1.90.375.1020. Is anyone else having this issue??

Message 27 of 83 (2,871 Views)

Sims 4 for PC, sim can't retire

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

On Sims 4 for PC, when I click on retire on my senior sims phone and click okay to do so, nothing happens, my job is still showing up and requiring sim to keep working?

Message 28 of 83 (2,842 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello just writing just to say i have this issue aswell

Message 29 of 83 (2,826 Views)

Sim 4 PC retire option not working

★★★ Novice

on sims 4 for PC when sim calls to retire and I okay it nothing happens, they still have to go to work?

Message 30 of 83 (2,811 Views)