Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim Can't Retire/ LE Generated

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Free Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to retire
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to retire my Sim with only the MCCC mod attached, it asks me if I'm sure if I want to retire, and then a lastexception error pops up.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sim to retire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Because of the update for the base game, I downloaded the patch for MCCC that is for this base game update. However, even with only MCCC downloaded I still have this error.

Because of the update for the base game, I downloaded the patch for MCCC that is for this base game update. However, even with only MCCC downloaded I still have this error, where my Sim will try to retire, will be asked if I'm sure to retire, and then a lastexception error pops up. I don't know what to do. I would love some help. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 83 (16,243 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim Can't Retire/ LE Generated

Hero

Looks like this is also fixed

Bild_2022-08-30_202107557.png

It wasn't in the notes. 

Will leave this open for a bit to get some feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 81 of 83 (4,971 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim Can't Retire Even After Base Game/MCCC Updates

Hero
@ShinyDelta Do you have it without MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 83 (16,195 Views)

FYI Retiring does not work after update

★★★ Newbie

Hi Support,

My sim is an elderly and is trying to retire from his culinary career, but after clicking yes he just bugs up and it won't let him retire.

I tried reset sim name last name etc but nothing works. 

Just wanted to let you know to please take a look at this whenever possible. I tried resetting my game and downloading it again etc.

Message 3 of 83 (16,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict, I had this same error today, and I've had it with only MCCC as well as without MCCC. I tried it w/o MCCC and no CC or other mods too but my sim is still unable to retire.

Message 4 of 83 (16,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Yes, I have tried disabling mods altogether and the Sim will still go through the process of calling their work, have the question pop up asking if I'm sure I want the Sim to retire, and then the Sim will still be employed. 
Message 5 of 83 (16,100 Views)

Hero

Did a short test in my own game and yes, looks like a vanilla bug.

Attaching my LE

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 83 (16,074 Views)

Re: Sim Can't Retire/ LE Generated

★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well.

In case it helps, I've included my own filled out template

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100% of the time, every career I've tried when troubleshooting the issue (Diver, Doctor, Detective, Culinary)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs, kits, and other add-ons except HSY, which as of this posting is not yet available for me to download
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to retire from a career
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to retire, my sim makes the retirement phone call, I select that I would like to retire, and just as the phone call completes, my sim resets (visually, it looks like when one does "resetSim" rather than completing the animation of putting the phone away)

What do you expect to see? That my sim retires
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not currently, although I have played with mods in the past.  When troubleshooting, I replicated this on a computer on which I have never played with mods, in an old vanilla save.  I have never played with CC on either computer.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, Tuesday's
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened following the Base Game Update on 7/26/2022

I initially thought this might be because my sim who was trying to retire had "Fear of a Dead-End Job," but I replicated it in a sim who had never experienced that fear.  My sims are able to quit their jobs.  Additionally, it does not seem to be tied to a particular pack, as I tried it with IL, GTW and Base Game careers, and it has affected sims at max career level through entry career level.  I've only troubleshot this in English, but can try to replicate it in German, French, or Italian if that would be helpful. 

I know this isn't going to be the highest priority bug, so I'm doing my best to identify the cause as specifically as possible.

Merci vilmal!

Message 7 of 83 (16,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also having this issue

want two elderly sims to retire. they call up and are on the phone but then seems like both characters just reset on the spot

Message 8 of 83 (15,974 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, just wanted to say that I have this problem as well, and I don't use any mods or cc in my games. Thanks for looking into it in the future. 

Message 9 of 83 (15,952 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. Just noticed it today. They call up to retire and then the sim seems to reset and no retirement. Also I've noticed quite many new bugs, minor, but annoying. 

Message 10 of 83 (15,885 Views)