[FIXED] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

by Decinomicon

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

★★★ Expert
@sallinger79 For me the brisk shower only worked in the sense that I did see a shower timer and I did get an energized moodlet, but there was no increase in hygiene. Were you using one of the base game shower/tubs?

Btw- Cats & Dogs, City Living, and Seasons are pretty much my favorite EP's :D
Message 51 of 178 (960 Views)

Re: Showers not working, Fast forward

★★ Novice

Its only the combo that dont work. 

Normal showers and bathtubs works fine. 

Message 52 of 178 (835 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm going to bump up this post because ever since the update, I'm also having trouble with the shower/tub not filling hygiene. I really hope EA fixes this soon. I'm going to try and bulldoze my outside shower house, rebuild and see if this makes a difference.

Message 53 of 178 (890 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight After further experimentation (with dirtier Sims), it looks like the brisk showers are only half-working. The shower ends on its own and my Sims get the energized buff, but it doesn't actually improve their hygiene.

All other showers continue indefinitely until I stop them.
Message 54 of 178 (861 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Cultstar12 : The problem lies in the shower/tubs themselves, not the layout of their rooms. You'll have to replace them with regular showers or just take baths for now.
Message 55 of 178 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@sallinger79: Idaho (whose name changed since I posted this! X-D) has already deconfirmed that as a workaround, but thanks for your input, too. (I was wondering about the other emotion type showers, though, so thanks for that extra info!)

Message 56 of 178 (926 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness It turns out that's what's happening for me too. It threw me because all the Sims I was testing with yesterday were already clean from having multiple baths/showers while I was troubleshooting, and so it looked like the brisk showers were actually working properly. It wasn't until I sat down to actually play today that I realized they're only half working.
Message 57 of 178 (925 Views)

Re: Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need

★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue, only with showers with bathtubs. It’s annoying. 

Message 58 of 178 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictDecinomicon Strange thing is, I noticed the problem because it was causing doorways to fail????

Strangest thing, The bathroom with the combo tub was on the second floor, and the game wouldn't route sims into the kitchen through a certain door on the first floor. The kitchen had a back door and the sims would walk all the way around the house to get in the back door to the kitchen. It was like the interior door was blocked, but it wasn't.

There were two or three doors in the house that wouldn't route through. Once I removed the shower/tub combo, all doors started working again. I actually made it a point to not change ANYTHING in the kitchen or neighboring rooms to see if it was the tub that caused the routing problem and it was.

I tested the shower/tub before I removed it 'cause I read about the hygiene bug. The shower wouldn't restore hygiene but the tub did. I removed the tub and all the doors started working.

Strange huh?

FYI... this was "Umbrage Manor" in Willow creek, one of the vanilla houses.

Message 59 of 178 (898 Views)

★★★ Expert

I tried the LittleMsSam mod that crinrict mentions in Post #40 and it works great for me. This is a good workaround for anyone who does not mind using a mod until this bug is fixed.

@StarryMight  Sorry about that. No more name changes for me after this, I promise!

Message 60 of 178 (854 Views)