[FIXED] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

by Decinomicon

Original Post

Re: Sims showers forever. Shower interaction not working properly.

★★★ Newbie
@LaJefa_05 I have the same thing. My sim won't get clean, only thing is that I'm not using mods.
Message 151 of 178 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same problem for me!

I ask my sim to perform any of the upright shower functions (brisk, thoughtful, sing, etc) in a combo shower/bathtub. Everything animates as expected but no timer forms around the action icon so the sim showers indefinitely, yet the hygiene bar does not improve- in fact it continues to decay. Inevitably I give up and manually cancel the action and my sim leaves the shower dirtier than when she started showering. Ironically, if she was supposed to get any “boost” from the shower type selected (for instance, inspired for singing in the shower) she gets the matching moodlet as if the shower had worked perfectly!

As an additional observation, the combo shower/bathtubs are now showing options not usually available to them: mid bath, bath with salts. I tried using these and they function perfectly. In fact, all the “bathing” options perform perfectly, with timers, increased hygiene, and appropriate moodlets and boosts. Only the upright options are misbehaving.

Not sure when the issue actually began, since the December patch came out about the same time I added university and because most of the lots I play don’t have combo shower/tubs, so I didn’t notice this until moving into a gallery downloaded lot for student housing which happens to have combo shower/tubs. So I can’t isolate when the issue actually started or what caused it. My current work around is daily citrus baths to keep my student sims focused up!
Message 152 of 178 (1,017 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of magic, Jungle adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Stuff, My Pet Stuff, Laundry Day, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a shower in a tub, shower hybrid.
What happens when the bug occurs? Taking a shower does not fill the hygiene need.
What do you expect to see? Taking a shower filling the Hygiene need
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made: The patch released on 12/12/2019 seems to have caused it. The showers were functioning normally the day before.

The showering interaction does not clean the sim, including the brisk/steamy/thoughtful/singing shower.

Message 153 of 178 (954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. Was not having the problem before installing Realm of Magic a few days ago.

Message 154 of 178 (755 Views)

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a shower in a tub, shower combo
What happens when the bug occurs? It fills up to about 98%, then stops. Sims then proceed to continue showering.
What do you expect to see? Taking a shower filling the Hygiene need
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not sure, as I have just started playing again after a break. Last I played was before University dropped. Just installed last week 1/4/2020. But just sat down to play this morning (1/11/2020).

All Sims in the household are having this issue. Knew I shouldn't have bought University DLC and started playing, again......

Message 155 of 178 (747 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also seem to be having the same issue with the shower/tub combos. 

Message 156 of 178 (688 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Has there been a fix yet?  I just downloaded the magic xpac and university this morning and went to play and noticed the same issue.

Message 157 of 178 (661 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Decinomicon Im getting it on all showers not just the shower/tub combos. My sims have been having to take baths only lately. 😌😣
Message 158 of 178 (645 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening to me too! in order for my sims to be clean i have to use the fillmotive cheat and thats so annoying to type in everytime they get stinky glad its not just me tho

Message 159 of 178 (536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City Living, Vampires, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Direct a sim to take a shower in a bathtub/shower hybrid.
What happens when the bug occurs? Taking a shower does not fill the hygiene need and the sim does not exit the shower until directed to
What do you expect to see? Taking a shower filling the Hygiene need and the sim exiting when finished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I first noticed the bug after installing the Parenthood game pack in early January 2020. I cannot guarantee that's what caused it, since I didn't play very much between the release of the 12/12/19 patch (when others say this bug started) and when I installed Parenthood. But since Parenthood does have game functionality that specifically affects shower/tub combos (addition of changeable shower curtain), I think it's worth mentioning the Parenthood DLC being what *appeared* to start the bug for me.

Message 160 of 178 (501 Views)