Re: [OPEN] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

by talais

Original Post

★ Guide

Yep I have this problem as well. I can only fill hygiene with baths. All showers are broken. They won't fill hygiene and they also don't have the timer around the interaction the green bar thingy. As of right now my Sims are using cheats to keep hygiene from getting low. This issue appeared on a new save with the latest patch.

Message 111 of 178 (1,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time a sim takes a shower with the shower/tub combo.

What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, City Living, Cats & Dogs.

Steps:

How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim take a shower through a tub/shower combination.

What happens when the bug occurs? If they are taking a shower, they will shower forever if I do not do something along the lines of "reset sim."

What do you expect to see? The hygiene bar to go up and a timer around the action.

Do you have any Custom Content or Mods installed? Yes, multiple mods and CC.

Please describe the patch or change you made before the problem began: I found it started after I installed Cats & Dogs, which was only yesterday. The shower/tub combo initially worked in game, and I went through and got rid of all broken CC and the problem persists. My hypothesis is that it may be the recent patch, or how the patch is affecting users with Cats & Dogs installed?

Message 112 of 178 (1,069 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@John_ZonbiYou should double-check the standalone showers. Most people are only having this problem with the shower-tub combos. If you're really having a problem with all showers you should probably open a new thread for the standalone showers.

Message 113 of 178 (990 Views)

★★ Novice

Screenshot_12.pngSame thing is happening to me with the combo.I don't like installing mods just to fix things.

Message 114 of 178 (967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@01nope01 I've had Cats & dogs for ages without this issue occuring. It started to occur recently, after the latest patch update. So I would be very surprised if it has anything to do with this expansion pack.

Message 115 of 178 (957 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a fix for this? 

Message 116 of 178 (922 Views)

Hero
@db8islife Yes, use a shower instead of the combo or littlemssams mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 117 of 178 (922 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently had this issue but I don't believe it came from the patch as I hadn't installed it yet. I had bought Discover University and Realm of Magic. 

Message 118 of 178 (716 Views)

★★ Novice
@Decinomicon has anyone found a fix yet
Message 119 of 178 (689 Views)

Double Delight hygiene is not going up

★★★ Novice

The shower Double Delight is not working. When I use the shower option of the Double Delight then the sim is taking a shower but hygiene is not going up at least in Oasis Spring where I have tested the shower at 2 different lots. I have replaced the shower with the cheapest standard shower and this one works like expected. I use no cc & no mods and have all packs installed and the sims 4 is updated to the newest version.   

Message 120 of 178 (681 Views)