Shower actions in shower/bath combo units fail to fill hygiene need

by creepydachshund

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Two weeks later and this is still happening. For a $1,000 video game this should have been fixed a week and 6 days ago. I should not have to add mods to fix an issue in the game. This is $990 game retail price without tax.

Message 101 of 178 (1,193 Views)

Re: Sims showers forever. Shower interaction not working properly.

★★★★★ Newbie
@LaJefa_05 i am having this problem too but on a mac
Message 102 of 178 (1,133 Views)

sim 4 shower not improving hygiene

★ Novice

Hey, so i was just playing the sims 4, and notice that when they shower, their hygiene doesn't go back up. They just shower  endlessly and still have low hygiene.... Help please

Message 103 of 178 (1,126 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of magic, Jungle adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a shower in a tub,shower hybrid.
What happens when the bug occurs? Taking a shower does not fill the hygiene need.
What do you expect to see? Taking a shower filling the Hygiene need
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch released on 12/12/2019 seems to have caused it. All my mods are disabled and still, nothing helps the issue, looks like college broke showers or something

The showering interaction does not clean the sim, including the brisk/steamy/thoughtful shower.

Message 104 of 178 (1,108 Views)

@SimpleButton  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Combination shower/tubs are currently broken, at least for showering; the only solution is to use a standalone shower instead.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any other information you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 105 of 178 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a fix to this issue??

Message 106 of 178 (1,040 Views)

Hero
@sims3swaagg Use showers instead of combos or use a littlemssam's mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 178 (1,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have the same issue. It causes my sim to never finish the shower/bath.

Message 108 of 178 (876 Views)
Highlighted

Shower actions in shower/bath combo units fail to fill hygiene need

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL OF THEM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a shower/bath combo and click any "shower" option
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will continue to shower for hours but hygiene bar doesn't increase, in fact it keeps declining. Only happens with the shower/bath combos which in my opinion is the most popular in all builds.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the hygiene bar start to fill up and for the progress circle around the action to show up. I also expect my sims to get out of the shower once their hygiene fills up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I deleted all my custom content, reopened the game, clicked on my family to play. I had a child test it out and got into a bath/shower combo and clicked "take shower" but her hygiene bar kept decreasing and the progress circle around the shower action never appeared. My sim showered for two hours and only got dirtier.

Shower actions in shower/bath combo units don't fill hygiene bar

Message 109 of 178 (742 Views)

Re: Shower actions in shower/bath combo units fail to fill hygiene need

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem. I don't use any CC or mods.

Message 110 of 178 (718 Views)