Re: Sims Can't Take Showers, Only Baths

by Sheyyasha

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

★★★★★ Novice

seems that the shower action never engages - the fulfillment circle around the action never starts, and sims can shower indefinitely. They just stand there and shower while needs decay indefinitely because the ball never gets rolling, as it were. 

Message 31 of 178 (1,869 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue too, the interactions for the shower/tub combo don't work but those for simple shower work.

Message 32 of 178 (1,827 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Island Living, City Living, Get Together, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a shower/tub combo and have your Sim take any kind of shower
What happens when the bug occurs? This started yesterday after I downloaded the newest patch. Whenever my Sim takes a shower in a shower/tub combo, they stand in the shower with the animations and sounds going, but their hygiene bar doesn't move up at all. In fact, it goes down. My Sims have missed work because of this.
What do you expect to see? My Sims' hygiene bar going up and my Sims should be able to leave the shower when it's full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but other users are having this problem w/o CC and Mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened right after I installed the December 12th update. I’ve made no changes to my system.

Message 33 of 178 (1,806 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue, and I’d also add that playing in the bath doesn’t help the fun need. These both started with the new update. 

Message 34 of 178 (1,802 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

One thing I will notate is that taking baths in the Shower/Bath combos still fulfills Hygiene Need, at least for me it does. Showers (Regardless of Thoughtful, Singing, Brisk, or Normal) no longer fulfill it.

- B

Message 35 of 178 (1,791 Views)

Re: Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need

★★ Novice

I tested every shower in the game and all the single showers work fine. All the combos definitely don't.

Message 36 of 178 (1,737 Views)

Re: Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Vannah272 Thanks for testing that. I guess I'll be redoing my sims' bathroom for the time being.
Message 37 of 178 (1,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've only noticed this issue with the combo shower/tub units.  The single shower is working for me at least.  It's still an issue, just started with the most recent patch.

Message 38 of 178 (1,728 Views)

Showers not working, Fast forward

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work Get Together City Living Cats and Dogs Seasons Get Famous Island Living Realm of Magic StrangerVille Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Diner Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat My First Pet Stuff Toddler Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Kids Room Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Spooky Stuff Cool kitchen stuff Holiday Celebration pack Grim Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure if anyone else have it...
What happens when the bug occurs? The showers wont work, my charakter ether steps in and just stands there or go and try to pick up her toddler. It goes in to fast forward on its own. Like every five/ten second the game just >>>
What do you expect to see? When you tell your character to take a shower they should do that and not just stand there or trying to pick up the toddlers. I just want the game to stop fast forwarding without my say so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It were fine before the latest updade

As said after the last update the game just sort of freaked on me.

Message 39 of 178 (1,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Product= The Sims 4
  • Platform=PC
  • Which language are you playing the game in?= English
  • How often does the bug occur?= Everytime since the newest patch was relased.
  • What is your current game version number?= 1.59.73.1020
  • What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?=The sims 4-Cats and Dogs/The sims 4-City Living/The sims 4-Get to work/The sims 4-Dine Out/The sims 4-Outdoor Retreat/The sims 4-Toddler Stuff/The sims 4-Bowling night stuff/The sims 4-Backyard stuff/The sims 4-Luxury Party stuff/The sims 4-Holiday Celebration pack/The sims 4-Grim's ghoulish guitar
  • How can we find the bug ourselves?= When sims shower in an "Under the sea Clawfoot tub with shower" or in a "Double Delight" (based on my game/expensions/stuffpacks/etc.)
  • What happens when the bug occurs?= It happened right after the December 12th 2019 update. When sims shower, in the duo type shower/bath, it does not fill their hygiene, leaving them showering for-ever (Tu-tu-tuuum) unless you cancel the action of doing so (which can decay the hygiene need of the sim). Other showers/baths (who only serve 1 function) seem to work fine.
  • What do you expect to see?= I want my sims hygiene to go up with whatever they use to wash themselves.
  • Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?= Nah
  • Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?= Yup
  • Please describe the patch or change you made= This event happened following the new patch released yesterday (1.59.73.1020).

*Note* : This is my first post ever using EA (I am still not sure at 100% if I'm doing this right lol. I am posting this so that the more people talk about that bug, the faster the developers gonna see it and the faster it's gonna get fixed. Thanks for reading and thank you for the future bug fixes. Cat 

Message 40 of 178 (1,647 Views)