Re: Sims can't shower after update 12/12/19

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims Can't Take Showers, Only Baths

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have ea shower tub combo and my sims get their hygiene met. will test it though When the child sim took a shower the need was not  filled. a young adult took a shower the need was not filled but when the same sim took a bath instead need was filled.

Message 11 of 178 (5,201 Views)

Re: Sims Can't Take Showers, Only Baths

★★★★★ Apprentice

Great, now I will have to redesign all (literally) every single one of my houses. Thanks so much! 

Message 12 of 178 (5,176 Views)

Shower/tub combos not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them Standard smile
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? using the shower/tub combo, selecting "take a shower" or "take thoughtful shower" or "take a steamy shower" or "take brisk shower"
What happens when the bug occurs? The hygiene need does not increase at all. sims have been in the shower for about 3 hours. I saved to "reset" info. deleted showers/tubs and bought new ones, and closed and reopened with no changes.
What do you expect to see? hygiene bar should increase overtime, and showers in "shower/tub combos"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The auto update that was pushed out today was installed. I have temporarily made each bathroom larger and made them into 4 piece bathrooms. The stand alone shower still works fine. The "take a bath" function, however DOES work in the shower tub combos.

Heyo, just trying to get a dirty sim clean Wink

Since installing the new patch fix today, the shower/tub combo's "take a shower" function and all varients (steamy, thoughtful, brisk) do not work, and my sim is visably stinky still :b 
The bathe function still works, and the stand alone showers still work, so I now have spent some extra money renovating to have bigger bathrooms, but I would have prefered to save the simoleons! 

The hygiene need does not increase at all. sims have been in the shower for about 3 hours. I saved to "reset" info. deleted showers/tubs and bought new ones, and closed and reopened with no changes.

I have no CC installed, and have all the expansions, gamepacks and stuffpacks. Standard smile

Message 13 of 178 (5,192 Views)

Sims can't shower after update 12/12/19

★★★★ Novice

I've attempted a repair through Origin already. After the update my sims no longer can shower, tried with different showers. 

They can only take a bath.

When showering the animation just plays, but it never actually shows elapsed time in the action circle, and they don't ever stop showering unless I stop them. They also receive no positive in their hygiene  level. Occult sims do not receive anything for hydration as well when attempting to shower.

Message 14 of 178 (5,108 Views)

Re: Shower/tub combos not working

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Marzipahn there is a post about this already
Message 15 of 178 (5,175 Views)

Re: Shower/tub combos not working

Message 16 of 178 (5,163 Views)

Re: Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need

★★★★ Novice
it's all of the tubs that have a combined shower in them. Regular showers are fine. @crinrict
Message 17 of 178 (5,151 Views)
Highlighted

@KiraDoesLife  Are you using a combination shower/bath?  This is a known issue with the combos, and I can merge your post into the existing bug thread.

If you have the same issue with standalond showers, please list which one(s) are affected, and let me know whether you use mods or custom content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 178 (5,095 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

@Marzipahn  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too on the first post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 19 of 178 (5,143 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello I am replying to you because I have the same issue. It is not working for both custom content and regular content because I tried with the double delight shower/tub. It is only for the shower tub combos. They work with the showers by itself.

Message 20 of 178 (5,082 Views)