Sims showers forever. Shower interaction not working properly.

by LaJefa_05

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of magic, Jungle adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a shower in a tub,shower hybrid.
What happens when the bug occurs? Taking a shower does not fill the hygiene need.
What do you expect to see? Taking a shower filling the Hygiene need
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch released on 12/12/2019 seems to have caused it. The showers were functioning normally the day before.

The showering interaction does not clean the sim, including the brisk/steamy/thoughtful shower.

Message 1 of 178 (72,561 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Combo

Hero

Fixed an issue in which Hygiene was not being resolved when Taking a Shower on any Bathtub and Shower Combo.

Fixed in Patch 1.60.54

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 172 of 178 (22,396 Views)

All Replies

Sims showers forever. Shower interaction not working properly.

★ Guide

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select take a shower interaction on any shower.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will begin to shower, but the hygiene bar will not go up and there is no timer around the action causing the sim to continue to shower indefinitely.
What do you expect to see? The hygiene bar to go up and a timer around the action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The game recently updated today.

I tell my sim to take a shower and she does, but she doesn't stop when she's finished. Why? Because she never gets finished. The timer around the action doesn't appear which causes her to shower forever and her hygiene bar doesn't go up. It continues to decay. Also, new interactions appeared on the shower tub combo that shouldn't be there such as take a mud bath or bathe with soaks. I uninstalled my mods and checked it again and she was still doing it.

It's not game-breaking, but it's annoying. My game just updated today with a released patch, too.

Message 2 of 178 (72,493 Views)

Hygiene Won’t Increase In Shower

★★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous Seasons Cats and dogs City living Get together Get to work Realm of magic Parenthood Vampires Dine out Outdoor retreat Laundry day Toddler stuff Vintage glamour stuff Backyard stuff Kids room stuff Romantic garden stuff Movie hangout stuff Cool kitchen stuff Luxury party stuff Holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When sims shower.
What happens when the bug occurs? This started happening right after downloading the December 12th 2019 update. When sims shower, it does not fill their hygiene, and they cannot leave the shower unless cheating to debug the shower.
What do you expect to see? Sims should have their hygiene bars filled with showering, and should be able to leave the shower.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened right after I installed the December 12th 2019 update. I’ve made no changes to my system.

It won’t allow me to upload any videos or photos from my phone, but even as my sim is showering, her hygiene bar is decreasing and she will not leave the shower. 

Message 3 of 178 (72,432 Views)

Re: Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is it all showers or just a certain one ?

Merged some thread and haven't thoroughly read the reports.

------------------

EDIT

Information about this

• Only shower/tubs combos are affected by this bug
  • The bathing part works fine, it's just showers that don't
  • LittleMsSam made a mod: Google: Showertub Fix LittleMsSam

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 178 (72,426 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It appears that this issue is only happening with the showers that also have bathtubs. Regular showers themselves function normally. For example, however, “Under the Sea Clawfoot Tub with Shower”, “Double Delight”, “Sheer Will Clawfoot Tub,” and “Xtreme Shower Tub with Customizable Curtain” do not allow sims to shower and fill their hygiene bars.

Message 5 of 178 (72,407 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Shower interaction not filling Hygiene need on Shower/Tub Comb

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I would add I'm finding it (so far) only with the combo tub/shower units. The standalone showers do seem to fill the hygiene need in my game, but not the combo units. Taking *baths* in the combo units do seem to fill hygiene, just not showering.

Message 6 of 178 (72,281 Views)

★ Guide

Seems like all shower/tub combos. Regular showers seem to work fine.

Message 7 of 178 (72,221 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim also wasn't getting clean while showering so I had her take a bath instead and her hygiene did fill up again.

Message 8 of 178 (72,186 Views)

Sims Can't Take Showers, Only Baths

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion and game packs, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by trying to make any of the Sims take a shower
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim's hygiene need never improves, and so the Sim stays in the shower until explicitly told to get out (it cannot even be superseded by a higher need - one of my Sims was about to pass out from exhaustion before I figured out how to get them out of the shower). This does NOT happen when they take a bath.
What do you expect to see? The Sim's hygiene need increases as normal while they are in the shower. They eventually get on their own once the need is full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 12/12/2019 patch seems to have caused it, as the game worked as normal last night.

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion and game packs, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can find the bug by attempting to make any of your Sims take a shower.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim's hygiene need never improves, and so the Sim stays in the shower until explicitly told to get out (it cannot even be superseded by a higher need - one of my Sims was about to pass out from exhaustion before I figured out how to get them out of the shower). This does NOT happen when they take a bath.
What do you expect to see? The Sim's hygiene need increases as normal while they are in the shower. They eventually get on their own once the need is full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded today's patch (12/12/19). I believe that this is what caused the issue, as the game worked as normal last night.

Message 9 of 178 (71,983 Views)

Re: Sims Can't Take Showers, Only Baths

Hero
@KyoXTohru1 Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 178 (71,973 Views)