[FIXED] ServiceNPC not doing their job

by Jan_831

Original Post

Re: Maid is not cleaning instead he is getting in swim trunks and using the hot

★ Guide

I did see the other report, but my problem seems a little different since the maid changes clothes and enjoys the hot tub.

Thanks for your help Crin.

Message 11 of 25 (1,426 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] ServiceNPC not doing their job

★ Guide

I got fed up with the issues and just started creating live-in servants for my wealthier households (Goth, Landgraab, Bjergsen, etc.).

The perfect live-in maid has the Culinary aspiration, and Neat, Outgoing/Cheerful, and Perfectionist traits. Just be mindful that you don't overwork them - they can only cook so many meals and still clean/repair between 8 AM and 5 PM.

Of course you'll end up with the help rolling some really odd whims, like when the Landgraab family's maid decided to replace their 13,000 Simoleon Schmapple oven with a vastly inferior Chef's Station. If you have Get Together, it helps to put them all into a club together where they can socialize and dance or watch TV for some low-maintenance stress relief after 5 PM.

Message 12 of 25 (1,396 Views)

Re: Maid is not cleaning instead he is getting in swim trunks and using the hot

★ Guide
That is exactly what my maid does. I have tried firing them, but they all do the same thing. Patchy used to pick up the slack, but now even he doesn't do the dishes or clean up.
Message 13 of 25 (1,385 Views)

Maid goes swimming in my pool

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all Game packs except StrangerVille. Stuff packs: Toddler stuff, Fitness, Classic Luxury, Outdoors (glass with straw icon), Children's room, Horror stuff (halloween pumpkin icon) and Hot kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a maid and have a swimming pool.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hired maid goes to my pool and starts swimming. He does his chores eventually, but keeps going to dip himself into the pool constantly and his salary keeps running all this time.
What do you expect to see? Maid keeps his/her maid clothes on and does what they are supposed to, without swimming breaks that cost my sims extra simoleons.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

(Sorry my game is in finnish so I might call things in wrong names)

Message 14 of 25 (1,367 Views)

Re: Maid goes swimming in my pool

Hero

HI @Sozki 

I merged your post with existing report.

Please click me to on the first post.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 25 (1,356 Views)

★ Guide
Didn't find this from the compiled list so made a new one, sorry
Message 16 of 25 (1,326 Views)

Hero
Don't worry :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 25 (1,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just adding that I'm also having this issue.  My maid gets stuck in a loop.  They come to the house, do like 1 thing, then go outside, changing into their swimsuit and jump into the pool.  They'll get out, mop by the pool, then jump back in over and over and over.  Randomly after, they'll come back in or leave...and of course this costs a lot since the time is running.  I haven't encountered this bug before.  I am fully updated, have most exansions, game packs, and stuff packs.  I do have CC but nothing that would affect specifically the maids (I know there are mods out there for better maids and butlers, but I don't have those).  I tried canceling maid service via cell phone...it didn't work.  I have MCCC so I made the original maid leave the lot immediately.  Got a new maid today despite my canceling maid service.  Guess I'll have to actually fire them and see if that works.  Going to try debugging first, though (Update: Shift click Object reset (debug) didn't work).

Message 18 of 25 (1,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I kinda have a similar problem, in only one household. My gardener is working just fine but no sims wants to do dishes. I have to click on the dishwasher to have them fill it, if I just click on the dishes, they will gather them in a pile and leave them on a table. Same with the service NPC. Last time my cleaning NPC left the house, it looked like this:

this is a clean house

The repairman also came in and didn't fix the computer. However, ordering a new repairman the next day worked. The cleaning haven't worked for days.

https://youtu.be/8Ro9auwDKOc

Message 19 of 25 (1,111 Views)

Hero
@Kanelbullet Does this go for your active Sims as well or just the serviceNPCs ?

There's an issue with dishes gathering on shelves where Sims can't pick them up from leading to what you're describing.

This thread is more about serviceNPCs only

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 25 (1,071 Views)