Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] ServiceNPC not doing their job

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a maid.
What happens when the bug occurs? The maid comes to my Sims home in uniform. Once he gets there he changes his clothes to swimming trunks and uses the hot tub. He will mop up the puddles by the hot tub but that is all. He gets out of the hot tub, walks to the house and goes back and uses the hot tub again.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see him clean the house and any dirty dishes since my Sims do not clean them up even when I tell them to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My maid comes to the house when he supposed to but instead of cleaning the house he goes to the hot tub and uses it.  He will clean up any puddles around the hot tub but that is all he does.  He goes back to the house and then back to the hot tub.  He does not clean up the dishes at all and neither do any of my Sims even when I tell them to repeatedly.  He stays the entire day, using the hot tub and then charges me $160 and leaves.  I am constantly being charged for services (gardener and maid) when nothing is being done and every time my Sims leave the lot.  I know that there is a bug reported about dishes not being done by Sims, but it has gotten much worse because now they don't clean up even if I ask them to many times.  I have been dragging the dishes to the trash can to get rid of them, but several times now I have had to go into build mode and delete them.  When I can drag them to the garbage can I get $50 not sure why.

Message 1 of 25 (2,208 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Maid is not cleaning instead he is getting in swim trunks and using the hot

Hero

We fixed an issue where hired Maids would often change into Swimwear and use the Hot Tub instead of completing their tasks.
○ I hired them to clean. Honest!

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Please create a new thread if you still have issues with ServiceNPCs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (2,099 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Jan_831 

have you already tried firing the maid and get a new one ?

Have you tried this on multiple households or is it just an issue in one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (2,156 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Jan_831 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 3 of 25 (2,138 Views)

★ Guide
I haven't tried that, but I will later when I play and I will let you know if that works. I only play one household, and have been playing the same one for over a year. I can go into another household and see if it happens there, I will do that later too and let you know. Thanks.
Message 4 of 25 (2,136 Views)

Hero

@Jan_831  Did you see @SimGuruIcarus post above ? You might have posted at the same time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (2,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crin,
I did not see that until after I replied to your post. I will message him the link to my game.

Message 6 of 25 (2,121 Views)

★ Guide
Hi,
I do not not have a problem sending you my save files. I have messaged them to you. I have never done this before and I wasn't sure if I did it right so if there is a problem let me know and I will try again.
Thanks.
Message 7 of 25 (2,118 Views)

Hero
Great. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 25 (2,106 Views)

★ Guide
Hi Crin,
I played a different household. I made a mess cooking and leaving food everywhere to see what the maid would do. She did clean up one mess, then went outside and socialized with the paparazzi that were there. Then she cleaned up another mess and did the same. She then left, but there was still a big mess in the kitchen to clean up. I then went back into my saved game and fired the maid after he came and went into the hot tub. At the end of the day, I hired a new maid, when she came she went right to the hot tub and jumped in. She left all the dishes laying around from breakfast and repeatedly went into the hot tub, cleaned the puddles and went back in many times before she left without really cleaning the house.
Message 9 of 25 (2,084 Views)

Hero

I've added this as separate thread.

There's a similar report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Services-not-working-on-lot-and-gets-stuck/m-p/67... but leave separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 25 (2,068 Views)