[FIXED] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★★ Guide

So, I don't remember if I saw the flames while my sim's child used the toilet... but it did set her on fire when she flushed it. Please tell me flushing the toilet and getting set on fire is a bug related to this? lol That's awful, and dumb.

Message 71 of 117 (1,857 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

will this toilet work on townies ? like place one in a venue and watch them burn up ?  just asking for a friend, you know..

Message 72 of 117 (1,785 Views)

★ Guide

It's funny until it's not. I just had my sims catch on fire twice now. I would like a fix soon, please!

Message 73 of 117 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ever since it started happening my sims have been setting the stove on fire more often when cooking. I've repaired the game too

Message 74 of 117 (1,709 Views)

Re: Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★★ Novice

When my female sim uses the toilet it happens, it's just not as visable but you can see smoke around them

Message 75 of 117 (1,682 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have this too. As I understand it, it should only occur with the Eco pack, but it's happening without.

Also, with hanging toilets the flames are on the floor below the toilet.

Speaking IRL, you cannot get enough methane built up in the sewer to cause a fire unless you have a septictank, and at that point it's more likely the septictank explodes before you get a fire (technically the gas pressure in the tank gets so high it blows off the lid and spews out its contents).

Message 76 of 117 (1,687 Views)

Re: Using the toilet has a fire animation

★ Guide

Same. Toilets also catching fire and setting Sims alight 

Message 77 of 117 (1,654 Views)

Fire where there's not supposed to be fire?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim use the toilet sitting down. Also happens when the oven breaks and needs to be repaired or replaced.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever a sim uses the toilet sitting down, there is fire. You can see smoke coming from the sim, and if you go to the floor below the toilet and look at the ceiling (where the toilet is on the floor above), there appears to be a small burst of flames for the duration of the sim using the toilet. Sometimes you can also see the fire on toilet itself as well. Also, whenever the oven needs to be repaired, it catches fire and smoke billows out. My sims do not panic or catch fire, there isn't an option to extinguish, and as soon as I repair or replace the oven, the fire is gone.
What do you expect to see? There should probably not be fire coming out from a sim who is using the toilet. There should not be fire when the oven breaks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In the first image (of the house with the spot of fire), the fire is located where the toilet would be on the floor above. In the second image (of the sim using the toilet), there is smoke coming from the sim - it is hard to see in a still picture but it is noticeable when the game is not paused.

Message 78 of 117 (1,651 Views)

★★★ Guide

For those looking for a fix until EA does, search google "yourfalsehope safe toilets sims 4 patreon" or patreon creator search  for "YourFalseHope" and look for the post "Safe Toilets" I fixed it... lol

Message 79 of 117 (1,604 Views)

Re: Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★★ Novice

Yes!! I confirm, it’s happen with male and females 

Message 80 of 117 (1,536 Views)